OT: CF Montréal: L'Ère de Courtoisie

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I'm so tired of Ariel Lassiter. Just no end product.
Yeah, he's been around for a decent while now and he just hasn't been showing any results. I'm getting there with Duke as well, my patience is wearing real thin. Good thing were getting new options soon.

Reactions: TRG

LPHabsFan

Jul 14, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Yeah I'm going to blame Courtois for tonight's loss. Sort of.

Choiniere and Lassiter were dogshit all game. There was no reason to keep them on past the 60th minute when we had other options.

Unless Pearce was taken off for energy levels, that was a bad sub. You bring Edwards on (left foot fine) and have Lassiter (left foot) stay on as a right back as well since you took off Bugaj. You also have Opoku and Yankov play their off sides so they can cut in, which almost never works out.

There was also no reason to use a defensive sub on Sosa knowing you're likely going to a back two anyways being down one.

Also, Duke played well, despite having a couple of chances he should have buried. Again, no reason to sub him off.

Plus, we probably could have used our best and most consistent player this year in Martinez.

He's a veteran. He may or may not even be here by the next time Montreal plays since why the hell would he want to be here given the shit show. Figure it the f*** out. This screams to me young coach trying to maintain authority because the leadership in the locker room isn't there.

We saw that happen last year. Well see where this goes.

Reactions: TRG

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
What the hell was that performance?

Whats the point of getting all the good prospects if they can't be properly guided ?

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
It's quite possible

1) 15 minutes into the game, you see guys f***ing walking, giving up on plays like they're up by 4 in stoppage time.

2) 50 games into the season, the wingback formation is clearly not working. No adjustment whatsoever.

3) 50 games into the season, the CFs are the only ones pressing and the only ones getting shat on when they don't come back to defend. No wonder why Martinez and Coccaro are pissed.

This has been happening since day 1 of the year, nothing has changed. Guys like Lassiter and Duke can just coast and get free playing time.

4) Those subs lol.

This team certainly lacks quality, no doubt about it. But one thing is not being able to execute and another is looking like you don't know what the f*** you're doing out there.

My belief is the coaching staff is weak. Courtois is not a tactician and the guys around him aren't much better. If they don't fire Courtois, they need to surround him. He's clearly out of ideas.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

mc-mahon-approve.gif

• Haha
Reactions: ArtPeur and TRG

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Good news is lassiter won't play as much with the new arrivals. This mercato actually was decent for the team. All four players can add something to the table. No game-breakers, but nice upgrades.

TFC fans are furious about their wunderkid coming to Montréal lol

Reactions: Skip Bayless

LPHabsFan

Jul 14, 2003
Montreal
Visit site

Doesn't surprise me. Thought this might happen with him not playing yesterday. Not sure if there's a direct connection but still.

Still think both JMR and Bugaj are too young right now to be starters right now (despite JMR having a lot of games in MLS, but they may also be giving up on the year.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010

Doesn't surprise me. Thought this might happen with him not playing yesterday. Not sure if there's a direct connection but still.

Still think both JMR and Bugaj are too young right now to be starters right now (despite JMR having a lot of games in MLS, but they may also be giving up on the year.

Trade them now when they have value I guess

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Wouldn't be surprised to see Josef return home to Atlanta. Disappointing if he is already on the move.

Geez so many players are unsettled, must be a toxic environment.

Also for JMR he isn't a wingback, he played there to get some minutes instead of riding the bench. If you want the best out of him, he needs to play in a more offensive position on either flanks. He can even play as #10 and I believe its his best position. That said No way he was gonna get playing time over Berna, Laryea and Insigne.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal

Lmao these people are like kids. UNFOLLOW!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad