OT: CF Montréal: L'Ère de Courtoisie

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Can't say I'll miss Lassiter at this point. Choiniere I wanted to keep but it seems that ship had sailed months ago. We'll see if the new guys will be able to fill those spots. TBF, Choiniere has been on cruise control all season, he won't be all that hard to beat.

Last edited:
Reactions: TRG and ArtPeur

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Can't say I'll miss Lassiter at this point. Choiniere I wanted to keep but it seems that ship had sailed months ago. We'll see if the new guys will be able to fill those spots.

He has worst advance stats than he had last season. Losing 24' Choinière wouldn't be a huge loss. If he becomes the player he's shown last year or a few times this season, that would be something else. I want a proper #8DP. Right now we're just trying to skip the whole midfield line at all times.

Lassiter is just another jabronis gone. Thank God. We'll probably have to keep Glassi and Wanyama until the end though

JFC this is almost like the club is folding. We're getting nothing in return too.

Marshall-Rutty and Clark? They have higher potential than all the players who left. 20 and 21yo too. They probably will never be the face of this franchise as they will be sold at some point but they could have the same impact that Mihailovic and Johnston had.

Patrice Bernier was telling on a recent podcast that he believes JMR should rather play a central role instead of a winger role.

The players who are gone are without contracts next season. Ruan was a speedster but his crosses were subpar, not a big loss.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
It feels like the expos in 2004 when they were set to move to Washington.

It doesn't matter , I still have LAFC and the Whitecaps.

• Haha
Reactions: ThaDevilGirl

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
He has worst advance stats than he had last season. Losing 24' Choinière wouldn't be a huge loss. If he becomes the player he's shown last year or a few times this season, that would be something else. I want a proper #8DP. Right now we're just trying to skip the whole midfield line at all times.
He had one foot out the door, that's for sure. Half effort at best and some nights he couldn't even manage that.

Last edited:

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
The manager is Marco le volcan Schallibaum 🤣

What happened to Miami?
Oh shit, that's a name I haven't heard in a long time.

Good riddance for Lassiter, he had his chance. Just no end product.

Let's look at all this objectively, although I love being a reactionary and shit on this management (#Cheaputo):

OUT:
Ariel Lassiter
Ruan
Mason Toye
900 000$ GAM
550 000$ GAM (cond.)
2025 2nd round pick

IN:
Tom Pearce
David Bugaj
Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty
Caden Clark
125 000$ GAM
375 000$ GAM (cond.)
POR 2025 2nd round pick

Transfermarkt says MTL received 225k for Chinonso Offor. With MLS rules, I have no idea how much that is put into CFM's budget.

LOAN:
Rida Zouhir
Grayson Doody
Ousman Jabang
Ilias Illiadis

I feel the team is better today than it was. And they found playtime for some of the younger players outside the team. Now, everything will depend on what is done with Choinière and potentially Martinez.

Oh, they will also probably get rid of Glassi for a bunch of GAM.

Reactions: ArtPeur

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Oh shit, that's a name I haven't heard in a long time.

Good riddance for Lassiter, he had his chance. Just no end product.

Let's look at all this objectively, although I love being a reactionary and shit on this management (#Cheaputo):

OUT:
Ariel Lassiter
Ruan
Mason Toye
900 000$ GAM
550 000$ GAM (cond.)
2025 2nd round pick

IN:
Tom Pearce
David Bugaj
Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty
Caden Clark
125 000$ GAM
375 000$ GAM (cond.)
POR 2025 2nd round pick

Transfermarkt says MTL received 225k for Chinonso Offor. With MLS rules, I have no idea how much that is put into CFM's budget.

LOAN:
Rida Zouhir
Grayson Doody
Ousman Jabang
Ilias Illiadis

I feel the team is better today than it was. And they found playtime for some of the younger players outside the team. Now, everything will depend on what is done with Choinière and potentially Martinez.

Oh, they will also probably get rid of Glassi for a bunch of GAM.

Some of the players that are leaving were actually Renard picks. Ironically Lassiter, Choinière, Waterman and Piette were out of training today. One of them left and one is on the moving block. Will Waterman stay? 👀

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Some of the players that are leaving were actually Renard picks. Ironically Lassiter, Choinière, Waterman and Piette were out of training today. One of them left and one is on the moving block. Will Waterman stay? 👀

I'd keep Waterman but he needs a better CB to come in and lead that backline. Someone who can also control a ball decently.

If Piette is out, there's some people that will cream their pants.

LPHabsFan

Jul 14, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Piette wasn't training but he was at practice doing some other stuff since the team posted some stuff that involved him on twitter.

Waterman though...... 🤷‍♂️

Overall though, Lassiter leaving is about time. He just never fit in and despite being given ample opportunity, just couldn't consistently deliver.

Choiniere, hard to say what could have been because he showed with CMNT a side of him that we really didn't see in Montreal, but that's also because he was playing with higher caliber players, which makes a difference. I'm honestly not sad he's gone.

I'll be a little surprised if Martinez is here at the end of the day just because if I were him, I'd want out.

Wanyama, I just have a hard time seeing a market for him unless CFMTL picks up most of the tab like they did with Toye.
I'd keep Waterman but he needs a better CB to come in and lead that backline. Someone who can also control a ball decently.

If Piette is out, there's some people that will cream their pants.
Don't tease me like that.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I have no idea what they're gonna do with their dogshit budget. The only advantage they had was paying a guy like Choiniere pennies. Now with him gone, they need at least one starting box to box, and it wont come cheap.

They can go look into scouting some obscure pro team in Macedonia for a canadian kid, but we all know that wont cut it in MLS.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
We'll probably have to keep Glassi and Wanyama until the end though
I heard that Glassi is studying to be a doctor. That's why he spends so much time in the infirmary. He's testing his theories on himself. As for Wanyama, he has been signed in as a resident at the local CHSLD but the team won't admit it out of respect for his one year of adequate play,

• Wow

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
BREAKING: Grasshopper Club is nearing a deal to sign Canada int'l midfielder Mathieu Choinière from CF Montréal, sources tell
@GiveMeSport.

I didn't know Mathieu was a Kung Fu expert. (Let's see how many old farts are on this forum and get the reference.)
20667835.jpg

The original master Yoda ;) I used to catch reruns on TV when I was a kid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad