OT: CF Montréal: L'Ère de Courtoisie

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Lassi plays on the right side. Doubt one impacts the other.

That means we can bring in players but if any are leaving, I think they can only go to Europe right now because US MLS teams window is only next week.

I mean Lassi played mostly on the left until this season because we had almost no backup for Ruan. They have yet to give Doody some time even though he's been on the bench for some games. I don't know if Lassi is really the solution on the right anyway

LPHabsFan

Jul 14, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I mean Lassi played mostly on the left until this season because we had almost no backup for Ruan. They have yet to give Doody some time even though he's been on the bench for some games. I don't know if Lassi is really the solution on the right anyway
He's kind of played all over (LB, RB, and Winger) but I think him playing as a back had more to do with who we had/didn't have at the time during the 7 games over the past 4 years he's been healthy.

Have to assume that Wanyama is gone one way or the other. Doody will also be loaned out I'd guess. They should also loan out Biello once he's back from the U20's. Toye should be gone, as should Lassi, but they only have until the end of this year at high salary and it's hard to see who would have interest in them.

Marinaro speculated even Coccaro would be moved due to his ties to Renard and maybe his antics rubbed people the wrong way.

As much as I've disliked Alvarez while he's been here, he's still young, in his first year here, and could very well improve. They should wait to sell him.

Martinez being moved wouldn't surprise me either. He may just not want to stay in a situation like this.

Zouhir moving would be dumb. They're supposed to have a philosophy of trying their best to have local talent play and develop here, yet they haven't been doing that with him. I don't get it.

One other guy to look at is Vilsaint. He needs playing time. Not sure if that's really something that can happen here right now with all the players we have.

And of course there's Choiniere....

edit: Would also like to mention Campbell though that may just be wishful thinking.

Reactions: ArtPeur

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I heard that several teams are interested in Choinière ; Columbus, NYRB and Toronto amongst them with CLB that is going to be the most aggressive. Nancy is very fond of him.

Not sure if he is on trading block or if he is on his way out but looks like the upcoming weeks will be very active for mtl. On the other hand Clb is looking to offload Matan, a winger.

If he is out, I assume Montreal will go after a higher profile midfielder. Eustaquio maybe ?

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
This might have been our best match of the season on offense or very close to it. We still couldn't finish anything, but the offense was generating a lot of opportunities. Definitely something to build around, hopefully.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Welp, if Choiniere is asking anything south of 900k-1M per year after a 2nd all star bid and a 4th place finish in Copa America, he'll be making a favor.

Coulda been 600k.

Reactions: Habs Icing

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Get-ready-to-learn-Chinese-buddy-meme-7g7cgp.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: TRG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad