OT: CF Montréal: L'Ère de Courtoisie

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
is the game over yet? so I can stop caring

You can stop caring about this season

I'm wondering if the club sticks with Courtois, or even, if he quits after such a result.

He was kinda hinting there was more to explain the current results after the game in Toronto.

That would be so bad. Like so much.

We have nobody to score goals right now. It's just pathetic.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Bobby S 🔥🔥🔥

Btw, found interesting that former IMFC player wrote this in the comments on IG:

1716436346608.png

I mean, we all know it, but I wonder if he has more inside info.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I really want to know what the f*** happened after the beginning of the season. Like, how did the team get there??
The Choiniere situation degenerated because Renard himself was in conflict with the board of directors (Joey, Lino and Luca). The ship is sailing and no leadership on board.

The owner is hiding in his penthouse, the president is just a lackey who's running laps and the coach is over-extended and tired.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Don't forget that Vancouver barely scraped by Cavalry on away goals. The top CPL teams aren't pushovers and Forge has won 4 of 5 titles and the one year we didn't win it we lost in the final.

Joey Saputo = Terry Pegula of MLS.

For sure but the expectation is for MLS teams to win, especially over two games.

Reactions: sabremike

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
For sure but the expectation is for MLS teams to win, especially over two games.
As a Red Bulls supporter I know that feeling very well having been at multiple cup losses to USL (and USL League One) opposition and getting dumped from the CCL by W Connection.

The scene after the match with fans essentially holding a struggle session with some players was insane. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that in MLS.

Reactions: ArtPeur and TRG

LPHabsFan

Jul 14, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I mean what else can you say at this point. The shittiest thing is that really and truly, this isn't happening if we're not dealing with the number of injuries we have to significant starters.

It's funny that so many people are talking about what needs to change and the reality is, the team just made a monumental change because the owner felt like it. So their logic is probably "we wouldn't be in this mess if Renard did what we wanted to do and/or was let go earlier".

I don't blame the players at this point. There's only so much shit like this people can handle. Yeah you can talk about professionalism and all that but they're human beings, these things have impacts on their lives and minds.

Reactions: ArtPeur

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
At this point I wouldn't mind not paying Choinière if this means getting a DP #8

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The Choiniere situation degenerated because Renard himself was in conflict with the board of directors (Joey, Lino and Luca). The ship is sailing and no leadership on board.

The owner is hiding in his penthouse, the president is just a lackey who's running laps and the coach is over-extended and tired.
Didn’t the owner set up a committee of Saputos who are directing the lackey?

Which has prompted Olivier Brett to resort to this classic one-liner.

« A camel is a horse designed by a committee. »

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Didn’t the owner set up a committee of Saputos who are directing the lackey?

Which has prompted Olivier Brett to resort to this classic one-liner.

« A camel is a horse designed by a committee. »

Yes.

Joey tells Luca what to do, Luca tells Gervais what to do and Gervais tells the sporting director what Luca tells him to do. Lino is there symbolically.

Basically Joey makes the roster decisions and avoids accountability. It will be the same thing with the next sporting director.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
Yes.

Joey tells Luca what to do, Luca tells Gervais what to do and Gervais tells the sporting director what Luca tells him to do. Lino is there symbolically.

Basically Joey makes the roster decisions and avoids accountability. It will be the same thing with the next sporting director.
We should buy Joey Football Manager. I can spare $5.

• Haha
Reactions: TRG

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I know you are all waiting for this

It's Game Day Hype.

Please find something else to do tonight and don't waste your time

:o

• Haha
Reactions: HuGo Sham

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Yes.

...and if the lackeys in the sporting department fail to listen, they end up swimming with the fishes

Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad