OT: CF Montréal: L'Ère de Courtoisie

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Marinaro has been holding no punches this week. Said he went to the game on saturday and came across Saputo at some point and he didn't even say hi.

To add salt to the wound, he affirms that Marshall-Booty was given a higher salary in his extension than they ever offered Choinière.

And last but not least, said the Choinière saga was a ploy to get Renard to resign and usher his son into management.

I don't know how much of that is true, but yikes.

Last edited:

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
Marinaro has been holding no punches this week. Said he went to the game on saturday and came across Saputo at some point and he didn't even say hi.

To add salt to the wound, he affirms that Marshall-Booty was given a higher salary in his extension than they ever offered Choinière.

And last but not least, said the Choinière saga was a ploy to get Renard to resign and usher his son into management.

Saputo is his best enemy.

He seemed to finally see the light about himself a few years ago (taking his distance from the team's sports management)... but it was just a glimpse and the natural came back. The owner went back to his former self very soon.

2 years ago everything seemed to finally fall into place. CFMtl had a clear philosophy, a good football manager that was talented, transparent and coherent, and a coach that was aligned with the whole thing.

But the f.....g owner did what he does best = sabotaging his own organization by yelling at his (super good) coach after a game where Nancy, apparently, didn't do what the owner wanted him to do...

The rest is history, since then the whole organization is a mess...

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal

if Tony isn't careful he'll be swimming with the fishes

Saputo is his best enemy.

He seemed to finally see the light about himself a few years ago (taking his distance from the team's sports management)... but it was just a glimpse and the natural came back. The owner went back to his former self very soon.

2 years ago everything seemed to finally fall into place. CFMtl had a clear philosophy, a good football manager that was talented, transparent and coherent, and a coach that was aligned with the whole thing.

But the f.....g owner did what he does best = sabotaging his own organization by yelling at his (super good) coach after a game where Nancy, apparently, didn't do what the owner wanted him to do...

The rest is history, since then the whole organization is a mess...
reminds of George Steinbrenner, Bill Wirtz etc...
control freaks with impulse control issues etc...
always meddling, always making bad spontaneous decisions...
with giant egos.
I fear he'll hold onto this team until the day he dies

Anardil

Nov 25, 2012
West of Chalet BBQ
I have yet to hear a single person in the media call this team for what it is. A Mickey Mouse organization.

They should thank the Gods that there is no relegation in North American football. This team DESERVES to be in the CPL just for they way it is run,

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
I have yet to hear a single person in the media call this team for what it is. A Mickey Mouse organization.

They should thank the Gods that there is no relegation in North American football. This team DESERVES to be in the CPL just for they way it is run,
Not sure the CPL deserves a Mickey Mouse organization though.

Krnage

Nov 22, 2010
Quebec
457271748_905183681637177_7433402317664392473_n.jpg

LPHabsFan

Jul 14, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I'm watching too. Not sure for how much longer though.

But I've said for the past few years that this team will go nowhere with Piette on this team and nothing has changed.

They feel forced to play Piette even though he absolutely sucks.

And since they also want to play Saliba, we now have two DMs on the field.

Which team has ever won anything playing with two DMs.

But, we can't score with two DMs. We can't stop them from scoring with two DMs. Noone to link back to front so its just long balls that go nowhere.

CBs too aggressive. WBs too wide.

Morale of the story? Stop playing with two DMs and being too aggressive.

This is on Courtois at this point.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I'm watching too. Not sure for how much longer though.

But I've said for the past few years that this team will go nowhere with Piette on this team and nothing has changed.

They feel forced to play Piette even though he absolutely sucks.

And since they also want to play Saliba, we now have two DMs on the field.

Which team has ever won anything playing with two DMs.

But, we can't score with two DMs. We can't stop them from scoring with two DMs. Noone to link back to front so its just long balls that go nowhere.

CBs too aggressive. WBs too wide.

Morale of the story? Stop playing with two DMs and being too aggressive.

This is on Courtois at this point.
Useless might be a bit harsh, but I do agree Piette needs to play a very specific, limited role to be effective, which kinda limits your options. The real problem is we never managed to build the rest of the midfield. He should have always been a complementary piece to the puzzle, not one of the main piece.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad