OT: CF Montréal: L'Ère de Courtoisie

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Cucho my boy.

Said from day 1 and he Is an elite player that'll make a major difference and wikl go down as one of the greatest player in MLS history.

He's got a MLS cup, a Leagues Cup, MLS cup MVP and a CL final in 2 years.

I'm pretty sure IF Nancy leaves, Courtois will take over as their manager and doubt he'll be as bad as he is rn. Their structure is impeccable.

Shawn Heins 44

Sep 22, 2012
Zurich
Coming in peace. My team in Switzerland, Grasshopper Club Zürich, has just announced the signing of Mathieu Choinière. Can you guy tell me anything about him? What can we expect? Strengths? Weaknesses?

Reactions: Adam Michaels

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Coming in peace. My team in Switzerland, Grasshopper Club Zürich, has just announced the signing of Mathieu Choinière. Can you guy tell me anything about him? What can we expect? Strengths? Weaknesses?

He's a typical box-to-box. He really grew in his role in the last few years and recently in the National Team. He checked out this season though

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Choinière leaving is good for him, but the way the club handled his contract negotiations is really a bad look on CFMTL. He is the most successful academy player they developed since he was 12. How do you want fans to have a sense of belonging when someone you literally watched grow is being treated like some random player.

Choinière would have guaranteed at some point make his way to Europe. But the way they handled his case sped things up.

On top of that, there have been a bunch of academy players who left recently and opted to go play somewhere else. If that's not alarming, I don't know what is.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Choinière leaving is good for him, but the way the club handled his contract negotiations is really a bad look on CFMTL. He is the most successful academy player they developed since he was 12. How do you want fans to have a sense of belonging when someone you literally watched grow is being treated like some random player.

Choinière would have guaranteed at some point make his way to Europe. But the way they handled his case sped things up.

On top of that, there have been a bunch of academy players who left recently and opted to go play somewhere else. If that's not alarming, I don't know what is.

The Academy players are leaving because there's no structure in place once they turn 18yo. If they don't get a pro contract with the team, they are left alone.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The Academy players are leaving because there's no structure in place once they turn 18yo. If they don't get a pro contract with the team, they are left alone.

Exactly. There is no step between the Academy and the big club. And that is probably the thing that hurts the club the most. They'll eventually only look to find solutions externally.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Smart box to box mid, can log in a lot of minutes and be all around reliable and consistent in that role. He developed a bit of an offensive flair last season, but it really dried out this year, so you might be better off not to expect too much contribution scoring wise. He's not a huge guy, so he does tend to get over powered at times in the 1v1 situations. His compete level is good though, no real issues there. He made his debut with the national team last year, so you'll be losing him a few times during the season to international play.

Reactions: HuGo Sham

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

Box to box. Has incredible stamina and plays a sound game off the ball.

Not very strong, tends to get outmuscled, but MLS is quite a physical league. Can pull off some nice turns and break lines with his passing. He likes combinations in the final third, but hasn't shown much of that because CFMTL is a team of low IQ players.

So far he's had one good season, last year. This year he checked out like most of the team because CFMTL low-balled him and the upper-management is an absolute disaster.

You're getting a solid player if he manages to find his level of last season.

Last edited:

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
⚜️🇨🇦🇨🇭

1724768759215.png

1724768785989.png
1724768796000.png
1724768804189.png

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Wow they are still running this thing to the ground eh... every year a new low.

I feel sorry for the naive fans supporting the Saputo mafia. Deregulate the milk industry now 🧀

What a shit show 🗑 🚮

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad