GDT: Cesko vs USA

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Czechs going to rue not scoring in this period.
Yeah, they were the better team that period, but I expect the US to start settling in. I don't know why, but it does seem like teams who have to travel to play in the other rink in the medal rounds often struggle to get up to speed.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
0-0... I'll take that period all day long. We got great chances and US didn't score. Curiuos how 2nd goes but it felt 'good' to me. Of course, it's 0-0 and feelings don't win games.lol

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Yeah, they were the better team that period, but I expect the US to start settling in. I don't know why, but it does seem like teams who have to travel to play in the other rink in the medal rounds often struggle to get up to speed.
That and we are on period 4 of intense play (Canada before this)... you guys just had a run of non playoff teams. My fear is that you didn't get scored on and now you are adjusted to pace and takeover.

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
That and we are on period 4 of intense play (Canada before this)... you guys just had a run of non playoff teams. My fear is that you didn't get scored on and now you are adjusted to pace and takeover.

The same thing happened to Canada when they went down 2-0 to Finland early after a run of easier competition.

Missed opportunity for the Czechs and for Pastrnak in particular.

Reactions: Czechboy

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Czech spacing is impeccable. their systems are clearly superior. US needs to open things up or sustain the cycle.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Kinda fear US will switch to higher speed level in the 2nd a we gonna struggle a lot. Man we should have scored at least one there, such a good period and such a shame

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Kinda fear US will switch to higher speed level in the 2nd a we gonna struggle a lot. Man we should have scored at least one there, such a good period and such a shame
Yup, but 0-0 is good for now. Especially if we are hoping to go to a shootout.lol

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Dammit Tomasek

Didn't love the Penalty call but it was probably right.

Oh boy.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Beranek has had some jam tonight

FTR.. so has Hajek.. noticed him (in a good way) a few times now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad