GDT: CDSF Game 2 Blues vs. Wild 4-18-15 2 PM CT NBC

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

sbkbghockey

Aug 26, 2008
at the ice rink, USA
I'm okay with Hitch not changing the lineup.

Yes Allen kept us in the game but he gave up a gift early in Gm 1 and also appeared to be fighting off a lot of the Wild chances rather than true poise and confidence. Good to give him the start so we don't destroy his confidence but also there should be a short leash today.

However would have preferred Jokinen in with Reaves and Ott and also Bortuzzo in for Gunnarsson.

I expect if this game goes like the first, there will be some shakeup. Hopefully our fourth line isn't the Blues best line today!

Biggest thing is to get agressive on Offense and get pucks to the net while players crash and and bang into the slot. Get some dirty goals rebounds deflections, etc... Also, all of the cycling that the Blues do, only works if you eventually hit a weak side chance or D for a blast. MN is content to let the Blues play around with the puck in non-scoring areas. It only helps them since they tend to collapse and box up on D.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Good save by Allen. Not sure I like Bouwmeester and Michalek as a pairing.

In theory, their playing styles should complement each other, but it just isn't happening. More because of how Bouwmeester is playing.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Blues need to find some synergy. Very few passes are tape to tape and it is slowing our movement down.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
No difference. Sloppy, slow and no coverage and support by forwards.

I really think Lindbohm - Bortuzzo need to come play. No Butler.

Lakebum

Apr 2, 2014
Nope, it has the bolts game on too. I'm on the IL IN southern border. I can watch every game except the playoffs every year. Just an awesome part about living in the middle of no where.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Hate to be right about Michalek slow play and Jbo also. Coaching guys trust them.

We have better guys on pressbox Bortuzzo and AHL Lindbohm. Butler is turnover machine, no ty Butler.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Those two have given up 2 absolutely golden scoring chances already, one of which to Parise. Of all the ****ing wild players to give a chance like that up too, he's the one you absolutely don't want.

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
We need more toughness in the front end to free up our shots. Everything is getting blocked because guys are just shooting right at the Wild players' skates.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Jay and Michalek have given up a scoring chance every time they've been on the ice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad