GDT: CBN ,SAVT ,CBC | MP 03:7 52 lirpA | )3( sniurB notsoB @ )3( sfaeL elpaM otnoroT | 7 emaG FQCE

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
Well this wont be a very productive work day. I might need to ask my boss(pharmacist) for a few anxiety pills for tonight haha. Please get revenge against these Bruins. Just win any way possible. A blowout would definately be alright like 5-0 with a Matthews hatrick

Dangles McGavin

RIP Lounge
Jul 7, 2010
Seattle/Waterloo
Happy with the boys fighting back. Boston is a damn good team, and we're going into game 7.

Like the last two games, I don't have a lot of expectations - just looking forward to a good game and hopefully the boys can pull it out.

I was in Toronto last night for a play, and I saw Matthews' parents when I was walking out. Didn't want to bother them, but I think it's probably definitely a sign of good things to come.

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
I told everyone this series was a coin toss.
All the damn Bruins fans I know were chuckling when it was 2-0 and 3-1.

Let the coin toss begin.

Cool Freddie > Nervous Rask. Book it.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Its time for Matthews to dominate a game.

100%. He needs a game like Game 2. While we lost because literally everything was going into the net, he had a boat load of shot attempts and his line was doing very well.

We need him to be a lot better tonight.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
100%. He needs a game like Game 2. While we lost because literally everything was going into the net, he had a boat load of shot attempts and his line was doing very well.

We need him to be a lot better tonight.

It’s going to be hard for Matthews because Hyman nor Brown are very good at carrying the puck across their line, it’s very easy to key in on Matthews and stop any attempt. That’s why Nylander and Matthews work so well, it’s hard to focus on one guy because you risk having the other guy wide open and both can do some stupid good things with the puck on their stick.

Our offense will run through Marner again IMO. I think Kapanen will finally score one tonight.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
It’s going to be hard for Matthews because Hyman nor Brown are very good at carrying the puck across their line, it’s very easy to key in on Matthews and stop any attempt. That’s why Nylander and Matthews work so well, it’s hard to focus on one guy because you risk having the other guy wide open and both can do some stupid good things with the puck on their stick.

I'm looking at him to breakthrough that. That's what good players do. We can look at other factors as to why he's not producing but I think himself he hasn't been anywhere near as good as an individual. He's bobbled pucks, he's lost puck battles and he certainly hasn't made many plays.

Look at Nylander last game. He had his best game by far and it wasn't because of his linemates.

Matthews needs to be a player that dominates the puck tonight.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
It would be great to get some bounces no doubt but as long as Andersen doesn't give up any soft ones and the B's don't get the bounces that they seem to have gotten every game, the Leafs have a definite chance.

IMO, they can't be down by more than one in the first 10 minutes.

The first ten minutes are crucial. They're going to come out flying, and the Leafs will need to harbour the storm.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
They're essentially double shifting the Bergeron line at this point. Probably trying to put them up against the Matthews\Bozak lines.

That back fired a bit last game in my opinion. They tried to take advantage of their early domination double shifting that top line but they had no gas for the third period.

I don't know if Cassidy will do that again.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
The first ten minutes are crucial. They're going to come out flying, and the Leafs will need to harbour the storm.
One advantage they do have is that crazy old coot singer can really fire up the crowd.
It's like night and day the start of the 1st vs the start of the 2nd.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
If you look at the stats, Chara has really only been affective against Matthews. He has struggled against every other line of the Leafs.

Probably because Matthews hasn't been very good this series.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
That back fired a bit last game in my opinion. They tried to take advantage of their early domination double shifting that top line but they had no gas for the third period.

I don't know if Cassidy will do that again.
If the Leafs can get up early, you can bet it will be a steady diet of that top line....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad