Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread XI

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
pronman did his 2023 redraft and a couple CBJ notes:
  • fantilli: #2 overall (+1 from draft slot), in the "elite player" tier with bedard
  • brindley: #20 overall (+14 from draft slot), in "middle of lineup" tier
  • keskinen: #66 overall (+128 from draft slot), in "has a chance to play NHL games" tier

huge jump for keskinen. no love for pinelli or whitelaw but that's consistent with the CBJ pipeline list from a couple months back, as pronman didn't rank them there either (wheeler likes both players).

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2011
I was shocked today reading The Athletic’s Pronman 2022 redraft. Mateychuk, who was drafted at 12, was slotted at 27 in the redraft. Just as interesting was that he kept Jiricek slotted 6th where drafted.

I can’t believe he regards Mateychuk so low as he’s actually surpassed his performance since being drafted. I’m left shaking my head. My own view is that Mateychuk will be the better Blue Jacket of the aforementioned two.

Reactions: Jovavic

FromChaos22

Jan 10, 2008
Los Angeles
I was shocked today reading The Athletic’s Pronman 2022 redraft. Mateychuk, who was drafted at 12, was slotted at 27 in the redraft. Just as interesting was that he kept Jiricek slotted 6th where drafted.

I can’t believe he regards Mateychuk so low as he’s actually surpassed his performance since being drafted. I’m left shaking my head. My own view is that Mateychuk will be the better Blue Jacket of the aforementioned two.
He must have seen his D+1 stats and decided there's something wrong...

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

See bolded. I'm pretty sure he also still has Chinakhov rated as "he might get the chance to play NHL games".

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad