Proposal: CBJ - PHI - TOR

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Value

• CBJ adds

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • PHI adds

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TOR adds

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Disaster proposal

Votes: 26 66.7%
  • Deal

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HC7

May 2, 2018
Columbus recieves:
- Mitch Marner (with extension)
- 12th overall pick via Philadelphia

Philadelphia recieves:
- 4th overall pick via Columbus (Demidov)
- Nick Robertson
- Timothy Liljegren

Toronto receives:
- Travis Konecny
- Travis Sanheim

• Haha
Reactions: HockeyVirus

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA
I don't like it as a Flyers fan. Flyers get pick 4, which is nice but at the cost of Their top Dman, their best winger/player, and their own 12th overall selection. Robertson and Liljegren don't move the needle at all for the Flyers and feel like throw ins.
Flyers fans would easily turn this down, without question.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Philly seems to be getting the short end in the OP...

How about this?

Jackets --> #4, Merlikins
Jackets <-- #23, Marner (ext.)

Leafs --> #23, Marner
Leafs <-- Konecny, Sanheim

Flyers --> Konecny, Sanheim
Flyers <-- #4, Merzlikins

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA

How about this?

Leafs --> #23, Marner

So Flyers move Konecny and Sanheim, their two best players for 1 draft pick and a goalie they don't need? Doubt it.

I think to make this fair, you drop Sanheim and add Flyers second 1st round pick going back to Leafs, or a different roster player. Maybe Laughton who has value for a late 1st or early second.

This makes it Marner + 23 to CLB for 4th.
TK + 32/Laughton to TOR for Marner
#4 + Elvis to Flyers

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

How about this?

Leafs --> #23, Marner

Not really interested. I'm one of the more bullish Jackets fans on the idea of Marner in union blue, but not so much that giving up the #4 is an option.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Not really interested. I'm one of the more bullish Jackets fans on the idea of Marner in union blue, but not so much that giving up the #4 is an option.

Same.

I like Marner and would be fine giving him a huge contract, but I'm not putting the #4 into play. Demidov and Lindstrom are just too exciting.

Reactions: Viqsi and Neutrinos

hurdemz

Tub thumpin'
Jul 15, 2022
Ssm, ON
The leafs are not giving up the 10th highest scorer since 2015-16, who has also been nominated for the selke, 2 younger roster players and only getting back Konecny with 1 year left and Sanheim.
I could care less about what he does in the regular season. The leafs need more guys like konecny if they want to go anywhere in the post season. These 11+ million dollar guys with individual trophies havnt done anything for this team that REALLY matters

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Columbus gets an extended Marner and the 12th pick… for just the 4th overall pick??

You move back 8 spots and pick up a 90+ point player for your troubles
The crazy thing is that, considering how much talent we have at forward in general and at wing specifically, Marner would be a luxury add. What's keeping this team from moving forward is poor defensive discipline and a total lack of systemic cooperation, and Marner wouldn't solve that. So even tho that's really good value in the abstract for the #4, it doesn't actually match what we'd need and so there's reason to turn it down.

Nervousbreakdown

Jul 3, 2017
Hurdemz, Travis Konecney has 1 goal in 22 career playoff games. If we're gonna get bent over in a trade just to add some playoff performers, shouldn't they at least have performed in the playoffs?

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
The crazy thing is that, considering how much talent we have at forward in general and at wing specifically, Marner would be a luxury add. What's keeping this team from moving forward is poor defensive discipline and a total lack of systemic cooperation, and Marner wouldn't solve that. So even tho that's really good value in the abstract for the #4, it doesn't actually match what we'd need and so there's reason to turn it down.
That makes sense and is totally fair, I thought in your original post you were trying to say you wanted Marner but wouldnt move #4 for him, which I guess would be fair for a rebuilding team, but the difference between #4 overall and #12 overall is not Marner

Reactions: cydawg and Viqsi

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
how about an explanation like why on Gods green earth would Marner sign an extension in Columbus. Definitely a disaster proposal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad