Confirmed Signing with Link: [CBJ] F Yegor Chinakhov signs extension with the Blue Jackets (2 years, $2.1M AAV)

Indy18

Aug 17, 2023
Very good deal and beat the models for a resign. This is a prove it bridge deal and as long as he stays healthy/improves that release time on his shot his next contract in 2026 could be very good.

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
He was drafted as an overager. Will he be an RFA at the end of the 2 years?
Yes. If I'm not mistaken it's 7 years of service or age 27, whichever comes first, to hit UFA. This contract will take him through 6 years in Columbus

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
He stood out every time I watched him. Solid prove it deal. Columbus has some interesting pieces moving forward.

Jarmo drafted really well. One of the things I'm concerned with new GM coming in for future drafts, but Waddell is coming into a set table right now and gets to start from a good spot.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Good deal. Will be RFA when done and showed huge improvement overall last year. Plays all three zones (still needs to work on it though) and has a lethal shot. Can play anywhere in the top 9 and be successful. I'd expect 50+points and 25 goals if he can get 75 games. Even higher potential.

Reactions: CBJx614

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
How do Jackets fans rate the three young Russian forwards moving into the future? Chinakhov the biggest upside?

I think most see Chinakhov with top-line upside, a 30 goal/60 point winger. Marchenko is more polished and closer to what he will be, which is probably a 2nd line winger topping off around 50 points. Vronk is most likely a middle-six center.

Reactions: Viqsi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad