Confirmed Signing with Link: [CBJ] F Yegor Chinakhov signs extension with the Blue Jackets (2 years, $2.1M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Makes sense. Seemed like he was always going to end up on a couple year bridge type deal like this. Wouldn't have made much sense for Columbus to completely gamble on him taking further steps and improvement, when they've got some RFA runway left to explore. And it wouldn't have made any sense for Chinakhov to have taken any more sort of term, when two years should be plenty of time to earn himself a big payday...if he can establish himself more firmly as a player worth that real "Top-6 Contract".

Feels to me like it probably makes sense to go "bridge deals" of various price across the board for the Jackets other young RFA Forwards as well (Sillinger, Kent Johnson, Texier) . The only one that feels like it might be something else, is Kirill Marchenko potentially. If they want to gamble on locking him in with term. Think there's a little more of a firm idea of what he's going to be going forward as a goal-scorer.

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
How ? His main assets are speed and shot, Voracek was always a skillful playmaker

If I’m not mistaken, he also holds the fastest recorded speed burst for CBJ this year (or around top 3 at least)

My mistake I was thinking of Marchenko

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Very good deal and beat the models for a resign. This is a prove it bridge deal and as long as he stays healthy/improves that release time on his shot his next contract in 2026 could be very good.
Agreed and it will be very interesting to see how he progresses.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Huge fan of the player and hope he hits his potential in Columbus. Always felt like he was a steal even when he was drafted and he's only continued to impress, he just needs to stay healthy and I think he could genuinely be one of the best goal scorers in the league in a few years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad