Confirmed Signing with Link: [CBJ] F James van Riemsdyk signs with the Blue Jackets (1 year, $900k)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Why does every player need to play 82 games?

Guy starts the year strong then declines as the season goes on… it sure sounds like they are hurt and/or tired.
what's the point of load managing a 4th liner that can only play half the season to be effective? Might as well just sign somebody else who can play the full 82 or close to it.

Reactions: Youngguns1380

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
what's the point of load managing a 4th liner that can only play half the season to be effective? Might as well just sign somebody else who can play the full 82 or close to it.
Jvr put up almost all of his points in the first few months of the season before he wore down. His production was much higher than a 4th liner’s. Given how hard he visibly wore down I wouldn’t be surprised if his total point production would’ve been higher if he played 20% less games.

Reactions: banks and um

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021
JVR is a good person off the ice and donated to charitable organizations throughout his time in Philly, James is also very well educated as he still take’s college courses in his down time and lived in the society hill section of Philadelphia when he played with the Flyers but spend the offseason in Minnesota at his home.
one of your countrymen!

Reactions: Maurice of Orange

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Jvr put up almost all of his points in the first few months of the season before he wore down. His production was much higher than a 4th liner’s. Given how hard he visibly wore down I wouldn’t be surprised if his total point production would’ve been higher if he played 20% less games.
Dude are you hearing yourself? 2 months in and he's gassed? Lol man what's the point, sounds like he needs to retire. I think he's just washed at this point. Went unsigned all summer only to take Min deal with CBJ

Reactions: byrath

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
Players come in and out of the lineup all the time, especially on the bottom 6 of teams. Jackets have a lot of kids that will get looks as well as injuries. The Jackets needs bodies. He's a able body even if it's only temporary until something else can get done later in the season. It's not like this is a long term deal.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
So if the jackets are loading the roster with a 900k contract can we assume they'll get an LTIR one to reach the floor?

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
JVR can still play in the NHL. He knows his role better than most. He's effective in front of the net, and plays a steady unflashy game. And despite what most will say he's not a problem defensively, he's just not great either.

A team needing wing depth could do worse.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
JVR can still play in the NHL. He knows his role better than most. He's effective in front of the net, and plays a steady unflashy game. And despite what most will say he's not a problem defensively, he's just not great either.

A team needing wing depth could do worse.

I still wonder why Leafs went with Patches instead of JvR. They are both LW, no? I guess maybe because Patches could provide more "intangibles"?

Reactions: banks

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
So if the jackets are loading the roster with a 900k contract can we assume they'll get an LTIR one to reach the floor?
We cannot assume this. I suspect they will stay open for business through camp to see if the trade market for overpriced players improves or if anyone gets waived. Possible we'll still se a PTO or two.

Last edited:

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
He's pretty effective around the opposition's net.

Maybe not quite as much in his own d-zone, once he gets there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad