Dreger: "CBJ and Nashville with trade offers for Matt Duchene"

Sstroh84

May 28, 2015
Columbus, OH
Yeah I would have 0 interest in Murray, Milano and a 2nd. Really none at all.

I don't want to bash these guys especially because there is a decent chance that they will be Avs soon but I honestly don't see the potential with Jenner.

To a lesser extent the same can be said for Murray.
Don't think that deal will ever look good for the Avs if Duchene can get back to his expected 55-60 point level (which IMO he absolutely will on another team and probably get even more...)

I also really want a 2018 1st out of any draft pick given our defensive woes and the strength of next years D class..

I also don't believe Jenner will ever score 30 again on a team like the Avs.

But yeah. Ultimately we can't change it anyways. Guess we will all have to live with what our (boneheaded in our case) GMs do...

Murray, Milano, and a 2nd is probably the starting point Jarmo proposed.

Murray, PLD, Jenner, and a 1st or Murray, Wennberg, and a 2nd is probably where Sakic countered at.

Somewhere in that huge space between is where this could end up.

I guess Murray, Jenner, and a 1st could make sense with some sweetener from Colorado.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Yeah I would have 0 interest in Murray, Milano and a 2nd. Really none at all.

I don't want to bash these guys especially because there is a decent chance that they will be Avs soon but I honestly don't see the potential with Jenner.

To a lesser extent the same can be said for Murray.
Don't think that deal will ever look good for the Avs if Duchene can get back to his expected 55-60 point level (which IMO he absolutely will on another team and probably get even more...)

I also really want a 2018 1st out of any draft pick given our defensive woes and the strength of next years D class..

I also don't believe Jenner will ever score 30 again on a team like the Avs.

But yeah. Ultimately we can't change it anyways. Guess we will all have to live with what our (boneheaded in our case) GMs do...

If it's any consolation, HF has absolutely no idea the kind of player Ryan Murray is. He's had some unlucky injuries, sure, but he's a calming presence on D who makes his partners better. He's a hard guy to trade, but necessary for a piece like Duchene.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I like Boone a lot. Was a big Murray fan, but was very underwhelmed last year.

When it comes down to it, it's a 2nd or 3rd line winger and a 2nd pairing guy at best...for a possible #1 center.

If that's what it takes to get him from Colorado, you do that.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
20-25 G, 20-25 A Jenner. I would be surprised if he can regularly produce the 30 goal season he had a year ago. He's a power forward who hits, forechecks, is defensively responsible and scores greasy goals. He plays smart hockey and positions himself well.

I think he is an average skater with an average shot who is ultra-competitive. He wears an A. He is a winner. C material.

Your divisional foes will develop a love/hate relationship with Jenner as well. So I would imagine there's joy in seeing that.

Sstroh84

May 28, 2015
Columbus, OH
If it's any consolation, HF has absolutely no idea the kind of player Ryan Murray is. He's had some unlucky injuries, sure, but he's a calming presence on D who makes his partners better.

Murray is a young version of Niklas Hjalmarsson. He is probably the best example in the league of just a steady #2 or #3 defenseman who can cover up the deficiencies of his partner.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
If it's any consolation, HF has absolutely no idea the kind of player Ryan Murray is. He's had some unlucky injuries, sure, but he's a calming presence on D who makes his partners better.

I like him more than most and think last year was not really an indication of how good he is but I also don't believe that he has enough offensive upside to ever really become that top pairing guy he was hoped to turn into once he was drafted.

Also his injuries are a concern and certainly have not helped with his development.

I think he could be a very solid #3 D for us down the line if he can stay healthy (which is a problem) and takes another step or two in his development but lets just say this isn't exactly the kind of deal where there is a lot of upside for the Avs to "win" the deal in the future and obviously IMO the Jackets win the deal when it comes to immediate impact right now.

This is why I would prefer to get a 1st + prospect or something like that instead of Jenner.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
If the offer is truly Duchene for Murray+Jenner and Sakic does not take it, this ordeal will be officially "botched".

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
If it's any consolation, HF has absolutely no idea the kind of player Ryan Murray is. He's had some unlucky injuries, sure, but he's a calming presence on D who makes his partners better. He's a hard guy to trade, but necessary for a piece like Duchene.
Again, Murray is average. He doesn't stand out with anything other than being injured.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
If the offer is truly Duchene for Murray+Jenner and Sakic does not take it, this ordeal will be officially "botched".

So how many times have you called Sakic crazy for not taking one of the alleged offers out there?

2 times ? 3 times?

Maybe you are just undervaluing Duchenes value a bit? Could that be the case?

Or why do you believe teams keep offering deals Sakic would be crazy to turn down?

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Again, Murray is average. He doesn't stand out with anything other than being injured.

"Not standing out" is far from the worst attribute in a defenseman. I've already presented my opinion on Murray on multiple occasions, so if you're looking for a debate, sorry.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Murphy is a complete hack I'm pretty sure...

Pretty sure Galloff is too. Haven't seen him call a thing.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
I like him more than most and think last year was not really an indication of how good he is but I also don't believe that he has enough offensive upside to ever really become that top pairing guy he was hoped to turn into once he was drafted.

Also his injuries are a concern and certainly have not helped with his development.

I think he could be a very solid #3 D for us down the line if he can stay healthy (which is a problem) and takes another step or two in his development but lets just say this isn't exactly the kind of deal where there is a lot of upside for the Avs to "win" the deal in the future and obviously IMO the Jackets win the deal when it comes to immediate impact right now.

This is why I would prefer to get a 1st + prospect or something like that instead of Jenner.

I totally understand.

ThumbBeckmam

Jan 5, 2017
I think Carlsson, PLD, and a pick will be the deal

This makes by far the most sense from a cbj perspective. I think jarmo would have a hard time giving up both of these top notch young guns but losing Jenner would be a huge blow to the character of the team. If Jenner is included he is future captain material, a guy who has scored 30 goals and a true engine for any team. The jennerator!

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
If the offer really is Murray and Jenner this is a larger deal than 2 for one.

I am thinking like

to Colorado
Murray + Jenner + 5th

to Columbus
Duchene + conditional 2nd (Murray games played) + good prospect

There has been chatter that the CBJ are in the market for Bonino and other net front, physical forwards. makes me wonder if they were kicking tires on cost to replace someone like Boone. I would be sad to see him moved as he is a force of nature up front.

Wouldn't need the + good prospect from Colorado, IMO. The conditional 2nd is add enough for me.

* * *​
murray, jenner and a 2018 1st maybe?

No.

* * *​
Lol it's amazing how bad a player is as soon as he's about to be traded from your team. You couldn't pry Jenner away from CBJ fans before 15 minutes ago.

Bull****, hon. We've offered him several times. It's Murray + Jenner for Duchene that was frequently objected to, because that feels like too much of an add onto Murray.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Looks like Duchene is getting traded.

How does Gallof have any inside information on teams not named the NY islanders when he doesn't have any inside information about the Isles?

He actually has an account on HF and used to post here. He used to post his eMagazine on HF Isles. Seems like a nice enough fellow, but he has no credibility.

Pucker77

May 10, 2012
Minnesota
The Avs have gone down the path of getting picks for their players in trades like the Shattenkirk deal that got them the #11 overall pick, it turned out to be Duncan Siemens. Or the OReilly deal that got them a 2nd which turned into AJ Greer (though they did trade down from #31 to #39).

My point is, getting a pick may make the deal sound better but in actuality, the Avs would be ecstatic if the pick they got turns into a Boone Jenner.

I love Matt Duchene, when healthy and confident he is one of my 3 favorite players to watch in the NHL. However, Sakic (my former favorite player) has dug himself a hole that I don't think he can crawl out of. If I were him I would take this deal, have Murray support Barrie as an insulator in the D-zone, allowing Barrie to join the rush, and have Jenner become one of the team leaders by playing his gritty aggressive game. Jenner may not pot 30 G again, but his well rounded game could help the Avs a lot.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Wouldn't need the + good prospect from Colorado, IMO. The conditional 2nd is add enough for me.

I don't believe that Colorado is in a position to give up good prospects or decent draft picks (first or second round choices) in a Matt Duchene trade. It doesn't make a great deal of sense for a rebuilding team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad