Dreger: "CBJ and Nashville with trade offers for Matt Duchene"

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
20-25 G, 20-25 A Jenner. I would be surprised if he can regularly produce the 30 goal season he had a year ago. He's a power forward who hits, forechecks, is defensively responsible and scores greasy goals. He plays smart hockey and positions himself well.

I think he is an average skater with an average shot who is ultra-competitive. He wears an A. He is a winner. C material.

Lets be honest here, he isnt that great defensively positional wise and his shot/skating ability is below average.

Sstroh84

May 28, 2015
Columbus, OH
If the offer really is Murray and Jenner this is a larger deal than 2 for one.

I am thinking like

to Colorado
Murray + Jenner + 5th

to Columbus
Duchene + conditional 2nd (Murray games played) + good prospect

There has been chatter that the CBJ are in the market for Bonino and other net front, physical forwards. makes me wonder if they were kicking tires on cost to replace someone like Boone. I would be sad to see him moved as he is a force of nature up front.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
That's great. So do I. He isn't even close to worth Duchene value wise though.

Fair enough... Everyone sees more/less value in every player.

Either way its fun to see a exciting trade go down!.. Im not a fan of eithet team so fly at 'er... Lets see some trades!

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011

I am thinking like

to Colorado
Murray + Jenner + 5th

to Columbus

There has been chatter that the CBJ are in the market for Bonino and other net front, physical forwards. makes me wonder if they were kicking tires on cost to replace someone like Boone. I would be sad to see him moved as he is a force of nature up front.

Hell no!
Avs are not adding prospect + picks to a deal like this.

I really hope the Avs go for the prospect (Abramov ? Carlsson?) + 1st rather than Jenner...

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Lets be honest here, he isnt that great defensively positional wise and his shot/skating ability is below average.

Lol it's amazing how bad a player is as soon as he's about to be traded from your team. You couldn't pry Jenner away from CBJ fans before 15 minutes ago.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003

I am thinking like

to Colorado
Murray + Jenner + 5th

to Columbus

Colorado is not doing that.

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
I know you have to give to get, but man I don't want to trade Boone. He's the "glue piece" that helps win cups. Has been wearing a letter for a few years already. I love his style of play, and is the type of player Torts loves.

Plus, Boone Jenner is an elite hockey name.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Col would be idiots to not accept this.

Duchane is so overrated. Guy is a puck hog who makes his teammates WORSE.

He is an ELITE face off guy though.

Peter Mueller went from 0.5 PPG to 1.33 PPG playing with Duchene before his career got ended 15 games into his tenure with the Avs.
Turned Fleischmann into a near PPG guy, before his lungs tried to kill him after 21 games.
PAP was .9 PPG with Duchene, his career best scoring rate.
ROR scored 28 goals playing with Duchene.

Yeah, Duchene really doesn't make anyone better. :shakehead

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Jenner has 3rd/4th line possession stats, has a career high 49 points and is coming off a 33 point season. It's not like he's a prospect either. He's 24, which isn't old but there's generally not a whole lot of growth in your offensive game after 24.

I'm sure the hitting and leadership is nice and all but people saying they wouldn't trade him for Duchene straight up are insane.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I know you have to give to get, but man I don't want to trade Boone. He's the "glue piece" that helps win cups. Has been wearing a letter for a few years already. I love his style of play, and is the type of player Torts loves.

Plus, Boone Jenner is an elite hockey name.

This is a fact.

Sstroh84

May 28, 2015
Columbus, OH
Hell no!
Avs are not adding prospect + picks to a deal like this.

I really hope the Avs go for the prospect (Abramov ? Carlsson?) + 1st rather than Jenner...

Most CBJ fans would rather give up a prospect and a pick as well, but it would likely be Milano and a 2nd.

Jenner is a former 30 goal scorer and a physical force in the corners and front of the net. I would rather hold onto him and trade a prospect not named Bjorkstrand or PLD.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
So in other words the OP took some creative license and sort of made things up? Figures.

Precisely.

Never seen a thread so far off track after OP completely misunderstands a tweet.

Welcome to 2017 folks :shakehead

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Lol it's amazing how bad a player is as soon as he's about to be traded from your team. You couldn't pry Jenner away from CBJ fans before 15 minutes ago.

Bull****, check out my post history on my thoughts on Jenner if you want. Guy's a good player and I like him on the team, but he's very replaceable and I'll take Duchene every day.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Most CBJ fans would rather give up a prospect and a pick as well, but it would likely be Milano and a 2nd.

Jenner is a former 30 goal scorer and a physical force in the corners and front of the net. I would rather hold onto him and trade a prospect not named Bjorkstrand or PLD.

Yeah I would have 0 interest in Murray, Milano and a 2nd. Really none at all.

I don't want to bash these guys especially because there is a decent chance that they will be Avs soon but I honestly don't see the potential with Jenner.

To a lesser extent the same can be said for Murray.
Don't think that deal will ever look good for the Avs if Duchene can get back to his expected 55-60 point level (which IMO he absolutely will on another team and probably get even more...)

I also really want a 2018 1st out of any deal given our defensive woes and the strength of next years D class..

I also don't believe Jenner will ever score 30 again on a team like the Avs.

But yeah. Ultimately we can't change it anyways. Guess we will all have to live with what our (boneheaded in our case) GMs do...

Last edited:

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Precisely.

Never seen a thread so far off track after OP completely misunderstands a tweet.

Welcome to 2017 folks :shakehead

People are just hungry for news in what may be an underwhelming UFA season. But it appears that OP took some license on interpreting the tweets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad