Proposal: Cayden Primeau to Edmonton

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Dobes has 51 AHL games under his belt. I think he's promising, and he had a decent camp this year. I don't think he's ready to play 25-30 NHL games. Give him another full year in Laval as the #1.

Primeau is in the last year of his deal. RFA. There's no rush to walk away from Primeau.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I just don't see Primeau as filling a need for Edmonton...
And a 2nd is likely more than he's worth, though if a team really likes him and has a need, you never know.

Reactions: ElPrimeTime

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Habs could probably get a 4th or 5th at best for him unless he plays out of his mind in a platoon this season. Rushing Dobes seems like a colossally stupid idea just so Montreal could get a mid round pick for Primeau. They've managed to build a goalie pipeline that appears solid I don't see any reason to mess with that

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Montréal has good ol' Monty as our starter, and Dobes feel like he's ready too.
And we have Fowler coming up in a couple of years

Primeau was solid last year but he feels like the odd man this time around

Primeau for a 2nd? Interested?
makes absolutely zero sense for Montreal to trade a young goaltender for a low 2nd when they already have 7 picks in the 1st 3 rounds in June.
Edm is also not going to give that return.
Dobes is only in his 2nd pro year and needs to play. He shouldn't be a backup this year and Fowler is a minimum 3 years away.
This is not a trade montreal is making

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
makes absolutely zero sense for Montreal to trade a young goaltender for a low 2nd when they already have 7 picks in the 1st 3 rounds in June.
Dobes is only in his 2nd pro year and needs to play. He shouldn't be a backup this year and Fowler is a minimum 3 years away.
I think he could realistically be in Laval next season and Monty's backup in 2 years tbh

Reactions: HuGo Sham

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Edm is also not going to give that return.

I for sure would do it, and the Habs should also do it IMO

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
From an Oilers POV, I would decline. Based on their AHL stats, I can't see that much of a difference between Primeau and Rodrigue. I'd give him a shot before utilizing a 2nd on a goalie who isn't a clear upgrade.
AHL stats aren't directly comparable because divisions are region locked. There's a lot less conference vs conference play than the NHL. Laval plays in the most funded AHL division and conference for AHL vets.

Oilers do need a real starter too though not magic beans.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Only thing I like here is that it gets dobes to NHL. However .. he's probably a year away and am happy if he gets a few callous when injuries happen.

As an oil fan...I'd rather target guys like vejmelka or vanecek as Pickard upgrades. But I have a glaring bias.

Despite a meh preseason.. I do think Rodrigue is going to be a very good NHL goalie for the Oil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad