Prospect Info: Cayden Lindstrom

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Or it could be set off by fans' lack of faith in his ability to heal.

I am going to write a screen play about a young Canadian kid who finds a magic lamp. He releases a genie trapped inside, and the genie grants him one wish. Being a good Canadian lad, his wish is to be a great hockey player. The genie grants his wish, but says he will only stay healthy if the fans believe he will stay healthy. Otherwise he will be injured. I will call it “The Ryan Murray Story” and I will try to sell it to the Paramount network.

• Haha
Reactions: Doggy

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
To clarify one thing - we don't know of Lindstrom ever hurting his back from contact.

He hurt himself lifting last winter and then had a more recent issue where he felt his skating was putting strain on his back. He's been working with a skating coach to see if he can change his stride somewhat. He is an incredibly powerful skater and has a lot of muscle at work there, I'm not surprised if there is some catchup that he needs in core or ligament strength. Or if he just always needs to be careful with his stride.

Depending on the exact nature of his injury he might not be more prone to back injury from physical contact.
Yeah so many weird effects can happen in the aftermath as it's all a kinetic chain. For me it was super weird for a long time, like I couldn't even straighten my legs on when sitting for months. Not pain but more like something shortened and I simply couldnt force my legs straight. One of the most annoying things for me was it made my gait weird which probably slowed down the process significantly and also strange walking for too long caused major pain but I could go run 5-10km with 0 issues.

It's a difficult situation but I fully believe there is light at the end of the tunnel. I suspect he'll need to adjust his training as I did and he maybe a little nervous pushing too hard in certain area's intially as it's not a pain you ever want to experience again but eventually you regain confidence in everything.

Reactions: majormajor

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I don't really care if people want to be doom and gloom honestly and use the past to predict the future, if that's how you choose to live your life that's cool. But even as someone who had a very similar issue with an 8 month recovery and none of the support he's getting I still preferred him ever so slightly pre-draft.
Based on his past, I predict Zach Aston-Reese will not score twenty NHL goals this season. Wanna take that bet? Does that make me "Doom & Gloom"? People make a very good living predicting the future based on the past. They are called actuaries. I would put sports advanced statisticians in that same category. You know, the ones most of the football coaches listen to when deciding whether to go for it on 4th and short. Of course they are not right every time but they are right way more than they are wrong...it's why they get paid the big bucks.

We ALL want Lindstrom to heal and never have any back issues again but being concerned his back issue could continue to trouble him throughout his career playing a very physical game is realistic...not "Doom & Gloom".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad