Prospect Info: Cayden Lindstrom

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Some notes

1. This was planned apparently. Even if he was cleared he wasn’t going to play.
2. Won’t be sent back to juniors until he can play.
3. Contract will be signed in training camp. Lindstroms side wants it done. Waddell wants to wait. But has promised them he will offer the ELC at camp.
I still can’t believe we drafted Lindstrom with the back issues over Demidov . I get the need for center , Demidov however was too good to pass on . Montreal has to be loving Waddell these days. By fall , he will have missed nearly a year of development . Hoping it passes , as CBJ Werenski said , watching him walk up the steps when we picked him makes me nervous

Last edited:

Jovavic

Concept of a Plan
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Lindstrom with his back issue would've been a good pick at like 7 or 8, at 4 you need to crush it and get damn near a sure thing and he's not. Who knows, maybe it'll all sort itself out and he'll enjoy a long career of being an impact player but I really doubt it, hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
Waddell’s selected Lindstrom despite the back issue still healing and multiple opposing GMs extending trade offers for the pick.

“We had all the MRIs, our doctor talked to his doctor and we had all the images,” Waddell said. “We had everything. I’ve talked personally to the doctor, and there are no long-term concerns at all. It’s just getting it where he feels very comfortable twisting, turning and doing all that stuff. But there’s no reason to put him in contact in Buffalo, because that’s not going to prove anything.”

Reactions: LJ7 and CBJx614

CalBuckeyeRob

Feb 25, 2012
His back will never be "healed" like a fracture. It may have no symptoms, but the disk is still damaged and more susceptible to injury whenever they let him resume full activities. We all hope he manages to avoid the recurrence of the problems, but he will be at risk.

AnonCommentary

Jun 4, 2024
Hedger might want to double check that it was his back that’s surgically repaired. We do know for a fact that his hand injury from earlier last year was repaired. This is the first I’ve seen of the back being “surgically repaired”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad