Value of: Casey Cizikas

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
What team are you asking to trade him to? As an Islanders fan, I have no interest in moving him for a cap dump, a mediocre pick and an overhyped prospect. Now if you want a bottom six center, JG Pageau (at full cap hit) for a prospect and a pick is available.
Toronto. We need a 3C who plays defense, has some grit, and doesn't have a huge cap hit. I'm terrible building packages so just tell me what assets you guys would be realistically interested in.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Toronto. We need a 3C who plays defense, has some grit, and doesn't have a huge cap hit. I'm terrible building packages so just tell me what assets you guys would be realistically interested in.
Quality scoring winger with an affordable cap hit in the same age range as Barzal is what the Islanders truly need. Sadly no ones giving up that for Cizikas.
They really don’t need more of those mediocre overhyped AHLers or cap dumps.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
In case anyone hasn't noticed...

Lou doesn't trade players unless he's forced to (cap issues, expansion draft, etc). Instead he signs literally EVERY pending UFA on the roster to unnecessary long-term deals that he'll most likely have to dump again by the end of them.

And since he was the one who gave Cizikas his latest 6-year extension, you can basically close this thread up anytime now.

Reactions: The Real JT

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010

Pageau for Jarnkrok, Vogt and Vancouver's 5th

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Quality scoring winger with an affordable cap hit in the same age range as Barzal is what the Islanders truly need. Sadly no ones giving up that for Cizikas.
They really don’t need more of those mediocre overhyped AHLers or cap dumps.
We have 2 players who each partially meet some of those criteria but not all.

Nick Robertson: Our former top prospect from a few years ago. He's only 22 and put up 14 goals and 13 assists in only 56 games last year, with little to no powerplay time. He's small though, and while he's actually gritty and competitive, he doesn't have a lot of defensive utility (despite being +4 overall). He could be moved because we're extremely deep on the left side with Knies, McMann, Cowan, Grebyonkin all on the depth chart and more like the types of big/physical players that Trevling likes. So he's young and talented, but unproven. He's an RFA but likely won't crack 1.5 million right now unless he gives up term.

Calle Jarnkrok: Reliable, veteran two-way winger who's responsible defensively and can provide some offense. Put up 10 goals 11assists and +16 in only 56 games last year as mostly a 3rd liner, a year after putting up 20 goals 19 assists and +9 in 73 games moving up and down the lineup. His cap hit is only 2.1M for two more years, so he's not a cap dump, but at 32 he's older than the age range you indicated.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
We have 2 players who each partially meet some of those criteria but not all.

Nick Robertson: Our former top prospect from a few years ago. He's only 22 and put up 14 goals and 13 assists in only 56 games last year, with little to no powerplay time. He's small though, and while he's actually gritty and competitive, he doesn't have a lot of defensive utility (despite being +4 overall). We're extremely deep on the left side with Knies, McMann, Cowan, Grebyonkin all on the depth chart and more like the types of players that Trevling likes. So he's young and talented, but unproven. He's an RFA but likely won't crack 1.5 million right now unless he gives up term.

Calle Jarnkrok: Reliable, veteran two-way winger who's responsible defensively and can provide some offense. Put up 10 goals 11assists and +16 in only 56 games last year as mostly a 3rd liner, a year after putting up 20 goals 19 assists and +9 in 73 games moving up and down the lineup. His cap hit is only 2.1M for two more years, so he's not a cap dump, but at 32 he's older than the age range you indicated.
No and no. Like I said, not interested in overhyped prospects and cap dumps. You can toss David Kampf into that pile too.

Reactions: Glorydays22

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
He also makes more then Cizikas…
Yes, which is why I said I get your point re: cost…….

Your other point, re: term, seemed uninformed…. and I guess me pointing that out embarassed you or something, because you avoided answering it and instead condescended about a point that I already acknowledged and validated.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Yes, which is why I said I get your point re: cost…….

Your other point, re: term, seemed uninformed…. and I guess me pointing that out embarassed you or something, because you avoided answering it and instead condescended about a point that I already acknowledged and validated.
It didn’t embarras me at all. The would the Islanders take on a player who’s a downgrade for more term and AAV? It really doesn’t make sense.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
It didn’t embarras me at all. The would the Islanders take on a player who’s a downgrade for more term and AAV? It really doesn’t make sense.
Lmao, dude, Joseph has less term than Cizikas. That is ALL I was saying. I accept you dont want him, I accept you dont want to trade Cizikas for him, I accept that he makes too much…. I am not arguing with you about any of that.

You were misinformed on a single detail, and I thought I would let you know. All there is to it.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Lmao, dude, Joseph has less term than Cizikas. That is ALL I was saying. I accept you dont want him, I accept you dont want to trade Cizikas for him, I accept that he makes too much…. I am not arguing with you about any of that.

You were misinformed on a single detail, and I thought I would let you know. All there is to it.
If we’re talking Joseph for JGP then yes a deal could be made but not for Cizikas. That was my original point. He’s a downgrade with more AAV.

Reactions: Glorydays22

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
If we’re talking Joseph for JGP then yes a deal could be made but not for Cizikas. That was my original point. He’s a downgrade with more AAV.
Yup, and that is all perfectly reasonable. Just like I could reasonably say Ottawa doesnt have cap space for JGP. If I said he makes $8mil, though, I’d be working under a false assumption and would expect someone to correct me

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Isles played him on the top line wing down the stretch. I believe they wanted to see him away from Martin and Clutterbuck. He played excellent.(he’s not a permanent top6 guy obviously)

In an ideal world the isles would trade Pageau and then have Cizikas take over as the 3C. ( MaClean new 4C)
Cizikas is a tireless worker and great penalty killer.
As for what his value is in a trade I’m not really sure. Depends on the team acquiring him.
Regarding his time on the wing (and wanting to separate him from his 4th line wings), was it because they were holding him back and he needed an expanded role, the 4th line and 1st lines just weren't working, or something else? We had Dakota Joshua, a rugged 3rd/ 4th line winger all of a sudden pop off this season too, and honestly I'm wary that it might just be a hot playoff run and that he might not be worth the $3.5-$4 million paycheck. Does CC have top-6 upside?

As well, you mentioned him as the 3C, but our current 3C Blueger is pending UFA, bigger, around the same level of skill in draws, scored more points and younger. Honest question, is his value/ upside that high such that he would warrant a 1st?

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
How about an opinion on the trade? Voit had a great overage year with Sarnia and a nice intro in the ECHL.

My fault on the spelling of Voit.
Rather just move out JGP without taking on the cap unless Jarnkrok is a UFA in 2025. Use the cap towards someone who can fit into the top 6 and play alongside Barzal/Horvat instead of a guy with term who’s a winger for Kyle MacLean.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Rather just move out JGP without taking on the cap unless Jarnkrok is a UFA in 2025. Use the cap towards someone who can fit into the top 6 and play alongside Barzal/Horvat instead of a guy with term who’s a winger for Kyle MacLean.
How are you going to move him out without cap retained or taking a small contract back? We save $2,900,000 and it's a matching term. We get another bottom 6 player, another pick (perfect for a goalie in the 5th round) and a possible late bloomer.

I just don't see dealing JGP without some money coming back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad