Confirmed with Link: Carter Verhaeghe extension - 8 years, $7M per

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013

1728445254877.jpeg

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I posted this in the main thread but I thought he was going to get at least 8. I was guessing around 8.375ish to reinharts 8.625. Heard they were close to an extension when Reinhart signed his and then nothing happened so I wasn’t sure if he was going to try for more in free agency. The full 8 and only 7 even? How does zito do this? Incredible. I love it!

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Starting next season:

Barkov = 10.00 per for 5 years
Tkachuk = 9.50 per for 5 years
Reinhart = 8.625 for 7 years
Verhaeghe = 7.00 for 8 years

Forsling = 5.75 per for 7 years

We have our core top-6 guys locked in and forsling on D locked in all longterm and at great rates

Plus, this gives me more hope of somehow being able to also extend Bennett possibly. I think teams would over pay in free agency and as a center he may test the market, but if Verhaeghe got 7per I don’t see how he could ask for more. More than lundell’s 5per but less than Verhaeghe’s 7per.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Starting next season:

Barkov = 10.00 per for 5 years
Tkachuk = 9.50 per for 5 years
Reinhart = 8.625 for 7 years
Verhaeghe = 7.00 for 8 years

Forsling = 5.75 per for 7 years

We have our core top-6 guys locked in and forsling on D locked in all longterm and at great rates

Plus, this gives me more hope of somehow being able to also extend Bennett possibly. I think teams would over pay in free agency and as a center he may test the market, but if Verhaeghe got 7per I don’t see how he could ask for more. More than lundell’s 5per but less than Verhaeghe’s 7per.

I don't think think that Bennett is going to stay with Lundell getting paid 5mil.
imo there should've been rumors by now about Benny and/or Ekky getting re-signed if Zito had intentions of doing that.

Last edited:

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I don't think think that Bennett is going to stay with Lundell getting paid 5mil.
imo there's should've been rumors by now about Benny and/or Ekky getting re-signed if Zito had intentions of doing that.
I don’t either for the same reason, as soon as Lundell got 5per longterm I figured that’s the end of Benny’s stay, but this gives a slightly better chance of him staying since I would bet he makes over verhaeghe’s 7per if he hits the market.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I don’t either for the same reason, as soon as Lundell got 5per longterm I figured that’s the end of Benny’s stay, but this gives a slightly better chance of him staying since I would bet he makes over verhaeghe’s 7per if he hits the market.

Benny probably can get 7mil per in free agency whereas Zito might offer him ~6mil. In case he's not with the Panthers in the next season, they'll miss his physicality in the playoffs. Lost Gudas, Montour, Lomberg and Cousins in a short period of time and maintaining that brand of hockey that wins games for the Panthers just becomes increasingly difficult if Benny joins that list.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad