Confirmed with Link: Carter Verhaeghe extension - 8 years, $7M per

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013

1728445254877.jpeg

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I posted this in the main thread but I thought he was going to get at least 8. I was guessing around 8.375ish to reinharts 8.625. Heard they were close to an extension when Reinhart signed his and then nothing happened so I wasn’t sure if he was going to try for more in free agency. The full 8 and only 7 even? How does zito do this? Incredible. I love it!

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
This contract is good value when considering his production (which has been consistent here), playoff performance, and age. If he were two years younger, this would be considered a huge steal, I think.

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach
Great contract. Zito has to figure out a way to extend Bennet as well. He has become a key player for this team. His grit/style of play, speed, forecheck, intangibles, we have to keep him.

Reactions: Vilam

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Starting next season:

Barkov = 10.00 per for 5 years
Tkachuk = 9.50 per for 5 years
Reinhart = 8.625 for 7 years
Verhaeghe = 7.00 for 8 years

Forsling = 5.75 per for 7 years

We have our core top-6 guys locked in and forsling on D locked in all longterm and at great rates

Plus, this gives me more hope of somehow being able to also extend Bennett possibly. I think teams would over pay in free agency and as a center he may test the market, but if Verhaeghe got 7per I don’t see how he could ask for more. More than lundell’s 5per but less than Verhaeghe’s 7per.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Starting next season:

Barkov = 10.00 per for 5 years
Tkachuk = 9.50 per for 5 years
Reinhart = 8.625 for 7 years
Verhaeghe = 7.00 for 8 years

Forsling = 5.75 per for 7 years

We have our core top-6 guys locked in and forsling on D locked in all longterm and at great rates

Plus, this gives me more hope of somehow being able to also extend Bennett possibly. I think teams would over pay in free agency and as a center he may test the market, but if Verhaeghe got 7per I don’t see how he could ask for more. More than lundell’s 5per but less than Verhaeghe’s 7per.

I don't think think that Bennett is going to stay with Lundell getting paid 5mil.
imo there should've been rumors by now about Benny and/or Ekky getting re-signed if Zito had intentions of doing that.

Last edited:

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I don't think think that Bennett is going to stay with Lundell getting paid 5mil.
imo there's should've been rumors by now about Benny and/or Ekky getting re-signed if Zito had intentions of doing that.
I don’t either for the same reason, as soon as Lundell got 5per longterm I figured that’s the end of Benny’s stay, but this gives a slightly better chance of him staying since I would bet he makes over verhaeghe’s 7per if he hits the market.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I don’t either for the same reason, as soon as Lundell got 5per longterm I figured that’s the end of Benny’s stay, but this gives a slightly better chance of him staying since I would bet he makes over verhaeghe’s 7per if he hits the market.

Benny probably can get 7mil per in free agency whereas Zito might offer him ~6mil. In case he's not with the Panthers in the next season, they'll miss his physicality in the playoffs. Lost Gudas, Montour, Lomberg and Cousins in a short period of time and maintaining that brand of hockey that wins games for the Panthers just becomes increasingly difficult if Benny joins that list.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad