Value of: Carter Hart - serious offers only from BUF/OTT/ or LAK

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Jan 24, 2007
I could see Buffalo giving up a single one the pieces you're asking for for Hart, since they have so much young talent and a glaring need for goaltending, but Ottawa and LA won't come close to your price.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Craft Beer Lover

Nov 14, 2022
Mt Laurel, NJ
This is intended for the hockey fans that go beyond the stats and understand what a truly outstanding (young), (experienced) goalie Hart is:
I'd like to limit this to fans from these 3 teams for obvious reasons. (BUF, OTT, LAK)

2 of the following: Top tier prospect/ 23 1st rd pk/ young roster player w/significant upside is the ask
For the laughingly overrated Hart? 😂

Reactions: Kurrilino

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
The problem is that goalies are voodoo.

Ottawa parted with a lacklustre Gustavsson last year and he’s shining this year because a different system worked for him.

Goalies don’t usually return kings’ ransoms because it’s so wildly predictable how they’ll fare in a new market, new coach, new teammates, new system. You’re not reliably more likely to have success with Hart in a new system than any of this summer’s UFA goalie class. So why give big time assets when there’s so much risk?

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
This is intended for the hockey fans that go beyond the stats and understand what a truly outstanding (young), (experienced) goalie Hart is:
I'd like to limit this to fans from these 3 teams for obvious reasons. (BUF, OTT, LAK)

2 of the following: Top tier prospect/ 23 1st rd pk/ young roster player w/significant upside is the ask

Sometimes i don't even know what to say.....

We just traded for Korpisalo, extended Copley and have Petersen in the AHL waiting.
The also newly acquired Portillo is our projected #1 future.

Why on earth would the Kings trade for a goalie, not to mention giving up assets?
There is no serious offer from the LA Kings without a roster player going back.

Iafallo for Hart is the most i would be willing to offer.
If that is not to your liking, don't even reply back, Hart has zero value to the Kings

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013

What are obvious reasons?

Oilers would certainly be interested in Hart if on the market.

10YearsAfter

Feb 11, 2014
Connecticut
What are obvious reasons?

Oilers would certainly be interested in Hart if on the market.
Good teams with AWFUL goaltending. btw Levi is at least 2 yrs away for Buf

Sometimes i don't even know what to say.....

We just traded for Korpisalo, extended Copley and have Petersen in the AHL waiting.
The also newly acquired Portillo is our projected #1 future.

Why on earth would the Kings trade for a goalie, not to mention giving up assets?
There is no serious offer from the LA Kings without a roster player going back.

Iafallo for Hart is the most i would be willing to offer.
If that is not to your liking, don't even reply back, Hart has zero value to the Kings
GO AWAY please

Goalies don’t return that.

Expecting anything close to that is setting yourself up for severe disappointment
NON-SENSE!

For the laughingly overrated Hart? 😂
YEAH right, clown

Remember it if doesnt hurt some, (what you give up) its not a serious offer

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I dunno man. Great pedigree and obviously insanely skilled but he's not as much of a sure thing as that value ask would require, there's some goalie voodoo risk based on the last few seasons of uneven performances. LA also doesn't have this year's 1st so. But I don't think your ask is THAT far off, just needs some risk mitigation.

However I do feel like LA is going to start dumping guys in short order, so while you're unlikely to get a higher-pedigree guy like Spence/Kaliyev for Hart, I could see them shipping off any one of Durzi/Grans, Anderson-Dolan/Akil Thomas/Madden or anyone below that tier without a thought. There's also a risky guy in Turcotte. In the end, I just don't see any of those guys really moving the needle for Hart, but similarly I wouldn't be excited about giving up the higher-end guys for him with all that risk, as well. Trade purgatory.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
There have been zero goalies traded for 2 of what the OP wanted.

The best case scenario with a Hart return is something like a 1st and 2nd. Teams don't pay much for goalies to begin with and Hart hasn't had above a .910 save% in a season since before COVID.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
I could see Buffalo giving up a single one the pieces you're asking for for Hart, since they have so much young talent and a glaring need for goaltending, but Ottawa and LA won't come close to your price.
Buffalo would be better off signing a veteran like Freddy Andersen, Cam Talbot or even Semyon Varlamov to a short term deal as a mentor if they make it to market.

UPL is the same age as Hart and I’m assuming Eric Comrie would still be in contention as a 3rd string waiver fodder goalie next season. The Sabres could put their assets and draft capital to better use in the offseason.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

:laugh: good luck getting even 1 of those asking pieces.

Hart isn't even a top tier goalie, and top tier goalies rarely get close to that kind of package.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Buffalo would be better off signing a veteran like Freddy Andersen, Cam Talbot or even Semyon Varlamov to a short term deal as a mentor if they make it to market.

UPL is the same age as Hart and I’m assuming Eric Comrie would still be in contention as a 3rd string waiver fodder goalie next season. The Sabres could put their assets and draft capital to better use in the offseason.

If I'm Buffalo, I'd be strongly considering offer sheeting Samsonov or Swayman at 3 years for a $4.2m AAV. Best case, you get one of them for a 2nd in compensation. Worst case, they match it and you make building a team under the cap a little more difficult for Toronto or Boston. It's a win-win. :naughty:

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
If I'm Buffalo, I'd be strongly considering offer sheeting Samsonov or Swayman at 3 years for a $4.2m AAV. Best case, you get one of them for a 2nd in compensation. Worst case, they match it and you make building a team under the cap a little more difficult for Toronto or Boston. It's a win-win. :naughty:

That’s assuming either guy would actually sign an offer sheet.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018

And spend money? Not in this economy! Terry needs to buy fuel for his mega yacht!

Reactions: hn777 and BFLO

therocket9

Sep 15, 2021
Kings would have zero interest in Hart they will most likely trade for Hellebuyck in the summer 1 year left on his contract with Jets.

Reactions: hn777

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
That’s assuming either guy would actually sign an offer sheet.

That's obviously a concern, but I'm not sure how Toronto offers Samsonov that much for next season, given their cap situation, so maybe the money would be enough to get him interested and Boston has Ullmark as their 1A, so maybe being the de facto starter in Buffalo would entice Swayman. If neither one of them wants to sign the offer, then there's always the UFA market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad