GDT: Carolina Fight Club @ WPG Jets 8PM

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
You forgot to add the little "sarcasm" face. I have a feeling next season will be his best ever

Only partial sarcasm. I'm not guaranteeing it, but I'm much more wary of it than the average Canes fan seems to be.

NorthStar4Canes

Oct 12, 2007
Well, there's the answer to what I asked the other night. Not in almost 10 years have we been so riled up.

As fans, it's good to see the fight in them, especially when the fights haven't been gratuitous. Like Tripp mentioned how they've been well-timed or as the proper response during the games, in a larger sense it's the proper response; playing-out this losing season with a toughened-up group attitude is good for the team and, just as importantly, elicits support from fans.

Gutless, passionless losses like this team was serving-up in extra helpings feed the losing cycle and fan disgust. Going down with a fight by playing physically or fighting in the right spots doesn't feed either. Hockey is constructed with a physical element, no team can win much without a measure of it. A willingness to engage in the trenches or with the gloves off, even if it doesn't translate to a W on the scoreboard, is a signpost of the attitude it takes to right the ship. It re-builds confidence and lets other teams know they'll have to work and pay in some way for everything they get.

I'm encouraged that some young guys showed up and used their chance in the roster to buck the lack of mental and general toughness trend. It seems to have sparked an attitude even in the supposed "leaders" who should have been showing it in the first place. Even Gleason felt left out enough to finally drop the gloves again.

Carolina

Oct 26, 2012
Only partial sarcasm. I'm not guaranteeing it, but I'm much more wary of it than the average Canes fan seems to be.

It would be disappointing to say the least. But is he really that much of a mental case, to stop trying as soon as he gets his contract? I think he's just off his game a bit . Not to mention the entire team has been bad and we've been out of the playoffs for awhile now.

NorthStar4Canes

Oct 12, 2007
Wheeler's a Minny native. Even if he doesn't know Cakeboy he still knows him, and to know him is to own him.

Also, Sangs played his part in that too.

Wild Caniac

@WildCaniac
Jan 23, 2013
NC
Just got home to watch AND listen. What did Tripp say so early that basically made your night guys?

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
It would be disappointing to say the least. But is he really that much of a mental case, to stop trying as soon as he gets his contract? I think he's just off his game a bit . Not to mention the entire team has been bad and we've been out of the playoffs for awhile now.

I don't think it's him being a mental case at all. I think it's human nature. He's guaranteed millions over the next 5 years. Anyone's going to slack off a little after that.

You hope he won't, but I don't have high expectations. He's always been known as a streaky scorer, and putting him beside another streaky scorer in Staal doesn't fill me hope.

NorthStar4Canes

Oct 12, 2007
This game is showcasing why this teams needs some D with a crease-clearing attitude and ability, like Bellestaad.

gocanes88

Jan 14, 2007
Fayetteville, NC
John-McEnroe.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad