GDT: Carolina Fight Club @ WPG Jets 8PM

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Cw1vLJs.png

The first rule of Carolina Hurricanes hockey is you do not talk about Carolina Hurricanes hockey.

The second rule of Carolina Hurricanes hockey is you do not talk about Carolina Hurricanes hockey. Mostly because no one wants to.

Third rule of Carolina Hurricanes hockey: someone breaks a heal, goes limp, sprains a knee, the season is over.

Fourth rule: only two guys to a fight. Bergeron doesn't count.

Fifth rule: one fight at a time, fellas.

Sixth rule: no gloves, no sticks.

Seventh rule: fights will go on as long as Kevin Westgarth doesn't get bored of his meaningless prearranged fight.

And the eighth and final rule: if this is your first night in the NHL, you have to fight.

a3p0Dkv.png

The one where it becomes officially official

Somehow, the Canes are still alive for the playoffs. Sportclubstats gives them a 0.0003% chance of making the playoffs, so slightly better than one in a million.

On the flip side, the chances are excellent of getting a top 3 pick. Calgary won again and Colorado is still one measly point behind, though the Canes' strong tiebreaker could come into play. Nashville's 2 games in hand certainly make them a threat, but Carolina's remaining 6 should make this a walk in the park: Winnipeg, Philadelphia, Tampa, NY Islanders, NY Rangers, Pittsburgh. They're 4-8-2 vs. those teams with the only threat being the Islanders whom they've beaten twice.

Tonight's task:

Well, not entirely true since they'll be back next year in some form probably, but this is the last trip to Winnipeg as divisional rivals. It's been...fun isn't the right word...it's been...weird.

The Jets have won 4 in a row so the pessimist inside me wants to believe that the Canes will break their streak, since that's what they tend to do. Still, I think the trend changes and Carolina gets the job done with another moral victory.

Lineups:

Tlusty-EStaal-Semin
Ruutu-JStaal-LaRose
Blanchard-Nash-Dwyer
Westgarth-Wallace

Gleason-Faulk
Harrison-Corvo
McBain-Sanguinetti
Bergeron

Peters
Ellis

Jets (go visit their GDT, it's great):

Lineselectgif.gif

Last edited:

feasey123

Aug 24, 2011
Grande Prairie Alber
Jet fan in peace. Sweet GTD and good luck tonight altho we need the two points bad. Just a heads up Leaf fans will be poping in here rooting for you guys, have fun.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Quality GDT

Keep up the fail boys, this is a little too close for comfort, though we're not passing Florida without winning the lottery anyway. They're in full-out tank mode now.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Lines added per Chip:

Chip Alexander ‏@ice_chip
Lines at skate: Tlusty-EStaal-Semin; Ruutu-JStaal-LaRose; Blanchard-Nash-Dwyer; Westgarth and Wallace.

D is probably the same as last week. I'll add the starter when we know who that is.

Tonight's motto, "If you can't beat them, beat them."

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Quality GDT

Keep up the fail boys, this is a little too close for comfort, though we're not passing Florida without winning the lottery anyway. They're in full-out tank mode now.

So is Carolina. Florida just started earlier. We can't out-tank them now but I hope they try.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Unless Staal-Semin-Tlusty scores like 4 goals, we're not winning this one.

I'm not too worried. Wait for us Seth!

Caniac4ever

Feb 7, 2008
This should be a good game... The Jets should be desperate for points. As much as the Canes need the best draft pick possible, I sure wouldn't mind helping keep the Jets out of the playoffs. So, win and I'm happy we kept points from the Jets, lose and I'm still happy because we didn't get any points either. There, now I've set us up for overtime.

WWAD

Aug 20, 2009
This should be a good game... The Jets should be desperate for points. As much as the Canes need the best draft pick possible, I sure wouldn't mind helping keep the Jets out of the playoffs. So, win and I'm happy we kept points from the Jets, lose and I'm still happy because we didn't get any points either. There, now I've set us up for overtime.

I wouldn't mind keeping the Jets out of the playoffs, but the alternative to them making it is the Rags getting in.

I'm not so sure I'm gonna go down that path either.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
I don't mind giving the Jets a win tonight. Even if they make the playoffs, the Penguins/Bruins/Canadiens will have a field day with them. That should be worth watching.

gocanes88

Jan 14, 2007
Fayetteville, NC
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm posting that in the Trippisms thread, and then it needs to be freaking locked. I mean, it's over. Thread over. Oh my gosh.

MD

Dec 1, 2009
NC
I still watch, i just dont give the game my primary point of focus. I just have it on in the background nowadays.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I know a guy who's one of Bogosian's best friends. And by "know a guy" I mean we went to the same school and had a few giant lecture classes together, and I talked to him a few times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad