GDT: Carolina @ Edmonton

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lazyking

Never Forget
Oct 15, 2011
Connecticut
So I decided to watch the SOA finale. GCL fudged up and froze.. I saw the very end.

All Ward's fault right? :sarcasm:

Seriously, who was the guy before I left who said Ward wouldn't give up 4 goals? :laugh:

I can be okay with however it happened cause 3rd in the metro baby :yo:

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
"Clash of the Titans". what a pathetic ****ing ****show that was. Muller slotting Westgarth..................just ****ing genius FTW. but they got screwed by the officials....yeah right Muller. ****. idiot. shameful display of professional hockey by every one of them except Nathan Gerbe. I wonder how long he'll be able to fight off the "Staal/Ward Virus".

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
"Clash of the Titans". what a pathetic ****ing ****show that was. Muller slotting Westgarth..................just ****ing genius FTW.

I hate having Westgarth in the line-up as I think he is useless, but you might want to save your complaints for times when a line-up change doesn't work. :laugh:

They came out flat, plain and simple and didn't start skating and working until the 2nd period. Even though you hate Muller, that's more on the players than the coaches. For me, the jury is still out on Muller, but he can't magically will them to move their feet when they are on the ice.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
After the last 1st period starts they've had you have to think they will have a morning skate Thursday, right?

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
I am sorry....Jordan is not a great, or good, or above average, NHL player

Man, I hope this is a trolljob, otherwise we are watching completely different games. He is a ****ing monster on the puck. I can think of maybe 3 or 4 guys in the game today that could challenge him on the boards. It'd be nice if his brother borrowed some of that effort.

I'm a big Ward supporter, and obviously he's been fighting it these last couple of games, but what was he doing on that OT goal? Of course Sekera should have cleared it, and at first glance it didn't look that bad on Ward, but after the replays I was confused. It's like his two thoughts were A) Sekera is clearing it, I'm fine or B) Oh **** it, nets open, nothing I can do. I could very well be wrong, but it looked like if he made the effort, he could have at least been close, as opposed to flailing his arms hoping for another single to right.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Missed this from Sekera last night: "I don't think [Muller] should be happy. He has the right to be pissed, because we didn't play 60 minutes. We only played 40."

As close to candid as you'll probably get from most of this team.

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
Ward has looked off since the 3rd period collapse against the Devils. He is clearly having confidence issues right now.

I think Ward needs to start a few games in a row to get back on track. He is the type of goalie that needs to see a lot of ice time and rubber to excel, but with the way Peters has been playing I'm not sure that will happen so soon.

The "OMG WARD SUX" mentality is annoying, but I find people that defend Ward at all costs to be just as bad...

Ward is a good goaltender, but he has been injured or playing sub-par for a few seasons now.

I don't understand why almost everyone here can be so quick to malign Rutuu and Gleason for their play, injury history and contract status, yet continue to defend Ward who is carrying a 6.3 million cap hit. I don't get it.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I don't understand why almost everyone here can be so quick to malign Rutuu and Gleason for their play, injury history and contract status, yet continue to defend Ward who is carrying a 6.3 million cap hit. I don't get it.

Most of the people who blast Ruutu and Gleason didn't want them signed at that price (or at all)to begin with. Most felt Cam's contract was at least decent given the time it was signed. I'm sure that plays into it.

Moosetache

Jul 25, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Man, I hope this is a trolljob, otherwise we are watching completely different games. He is a ****ing monster on the puck. I can think of maybe 3 or 4 guys in the game today that could challenge him on the boards. It'd be nice if his brother borrowed some of that effort.

I'm a big Ward supporter, and obviously he's been fighting it these last couple of games, but what was he doing on that OT goal? Of course Sekera should have cleared it, and at first glance it didn't look that bad on Ward, but after the replays I was confused. It's like his two thoughts were A) Sekera is clearing it, I'm fine or B) Oh **** it, nets open, nothing I can do. I could very well be wrong, but it looked like if he made the effort, he could have at least been close, as opposed to flailing his arms hoping for another single to right.

It was not a troll job, however it is important to look at the time stamp on a post to gain some perspective on one's frame of mind. That post was made after Jordan was weak on the puck on the boards in the neutral zone, then half assed it back to the goal line to then let a puck go right by him to the guy he should have had a stick on in front of the net who was standing all alone.

I dont care how strong he is on the puck. You dont pay guys 6 mil a year to be strong on the puck. You pay the to score goals, set up goals and help your team win games. At most he might help very slightly in one of those categories.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
It was not a troll job, however it is important to look at the time stamp on a post to gain some perspective on one's frame of mind. That post was made after Jordan was weak on the puck on the boards in the neutral zone, then half assed it back to the goal line to then let a puck go right by him to the guy he should have had a stick on in front of the net who was standing all alone.

I dont care how strong he is on the puck. You dont pay guys 6 mil a year to be strong on the puck. You pay the to score goals, set up goals and help your team win games. At most he might help very slightly in one of those categories.

So basically you're judging his NHL ability based on one shift?

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

So I guess his multiple goals and assists over the past month or so, many of which contributed to wins, means he helped "very slightly" in one of those categories?

It's a troll job

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013

I'm not sure which Jordan Staal you've been watching, but the one I'm watching has been one of our most, if not the most, consistent forwards all year and directly responsible for a lot of our wins. He was a bit of a question mark after his "disappointing" season last year, and has quieted most of his critics over the last month+. I'll give him a pass on the rare/occasional "lazy" play with everything else he's doing out there. I do think he can be a little soft sometimes (as far as not finishing checks), but I think that's a Staal family mentality. At this point he deserves just as much of a shot on Team Canada as Eric does (although that center group they have is insane).

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad