Post-Game Talk: Carolina at Ottawa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Not too surprising people are giving up on this team

I'm getting close myself

Ive given up on the season, not the team. I think if the sens play like they have most of their games since mac left they can make the playoffs next season. I'm also optimistic to see if Hoffman, Stone, Lazar and Boro can improve.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Top 5 pick

Go for it

(Good game though. So much better than before the coach change)

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
The TSN1200 post game show is so much more interesting to listen to with Simmer and Versage who are on tonight. They really break things down. The game, the play of the D and the unadjusted pairings ie...-3, potential trades etc..., goalies etc.., young guys etc... Really good commentary

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Dude, you can't control those lucky/unlucky bounces. They did everything right tonight but the Canes had luck on their side, not to mention a very good goalie. I know it's frustrating to lose to a bottom dweller but you can't fault our effort at all tonight.

And I didn't. Team played well but at some point it gives you nothing if you can't pull out a win. Too many times this year the same story. We beat a great team then lose to Carolina. Getting frustrating

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Last year's season was a train wreck, we were losing a ton, and yet a GDT against Tampa last January had almost 1000 posts.

These boards were super-active when we were losing last year. We've lost a LOT of regular posters.

Some of the really good posters were turned off by the negativity last year too, which often took the form of Spezza/MacLean bashing. With the team not looking any better, it seems as though the more negative posters were more in their element (switching targets, of course, because Spezza and Mac are gone) while the good posters started to show up less and less. There are some outstanding posters still showing up and participating, but just not as many.

At this point I don't hang out here nearly as often as I used to, and there are threads that I refuse to open. I want to enjoy the experience, and not just read a bunch of crap that I know is going to piss me off. When I do come here I will sometimes not bother opening a thread based who the last poster was.

That's just where I am at, and I'm sure a few others are in the same spot.

bacon25

Unenthusiastic User
Nov 29, 2010
Group Study Room F
Quality of discussion has fallen off a lot over the past year. There's only ever a handful of topics going on here and they're filled with pessimism, negativity and repetitive arguments.

I don't think what you're noticing has much to do with the team's place in the standings. I think it has to do with dropping by here and finding the same half a dozen people saying the same things over and over.

It's hard to post something without someone jumping down your throat, when one makes a post about something they observed in the game and other posters attack the guy over it, it makes it hard to want to post again. Some posters have forgotten to be respectful of others opinions.

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
Would've been a blowout, Jesus those scoring chances. Very unfortunate goals against too. Hoffman, Ryan, Karlsson robbed on several occassions.

Team played a great game.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
I haven't noticed the threads getting shorter b/c in the last year I've blocked so many posters. I thought it was just the blocking...

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Don't wanna be down on him cuz he did play great. But he didn't get any goals. And no points. That's on him. He's captain. He had chanced. Needs to bury them. Same goes with Ryan. He's the goal scorer. Have to find a way.

Wow, biased much?

No one can say he didn't play one of his best games all season if they're being honest with themselves.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Would've been a blowout, Jesus those scoring chances. Very unfortunate goals against too. Hoffman, Ryan, Karlsson robbed on several occassions.

Team played a great game.

Exactly. I don't understand all this tank talk too... if team plays like they have next 3-4 games Ottawa is not making bottom 5... they might even squeeze into playoffs with another big addition from now till deadline.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Exactly. I don't understand all this tank talk too... if team plays like they have next 3-4 games Ottawa is not making bottom 5... they might even squeeze into playoffs with another big addition from now till deadline.

We are not making the playoffs and we not are going to finish bottom 5

We're going get the 8th-10th overall pick, it's pretty much set in stone

Even when we play a great game like tonight the weak links like Weircioch will lose us the game

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Wow, biased much?

No one can say he didn't play one of his best games all season if they're being honest with themselves.

Man. Saying I'm biased is so unprofessional. You have to accuse me of pushing my agenda. That's the proper way.

And yeah. He did play one if his best games of the season. I alluded to that in my post. I still don't get how I'm biased. We couldn't score. Big players gotta find a way to score. That's how teams win. He played great yeah but he has to find a way like the other greats have found a way. Literally no bias. Maybe the the bias against the best players on any given team I suppose.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Zibanejad also had a solid game I thought

If this keeps up I'll actually be expecting him to break out sooner than I thought he would

BigBush*

Man. Saying I'm biased is so unprofessional. You have to accuse me of pushing my agenda. That's the proper way.

And yeah. He did play one if his best games of the season. I alluded to that in my post. I still don't get how I'm biased. We couldn't score. Big players gotta find a way to score. That's how teams win. He played great yeah but he has to find a way like the other greats have found a way. Literally no bias. Maybe the the bias against the best players on any given team I suppose.
I agree. He hasn't had the best scoring touch this season, he could easily have 10 more.
He's getting his chances though, they'll come

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I now sort of wish Cam Ward was in net.

Khudobin was 4-0-0 with a .952 save percentage against the Sens before this game started. Now it is 5-0-0 against the Sens.

Khudobin might end up being another Reimer meaning a guy we just can never seem to ****ing beat.

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
We lost to Carolina :huh:

Pageau looks like a new man. Ceci was a machine out there . Hoffman and Lazar are our future. :handclap:

The future's so bright I gotta wear shades

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
Lol and who started the thread on the main boards about Andy being a top 5 goalie?

HF Boards is never going to accept that no matter how much Andy stands on his head.

It's actually pretty saddening some of the posters there.

Karlsson2Turris*

Weircoch and Gryba were a combined -6 tonight.

Need Boro back. He's the perfect bottom pairing defenceman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad