GDT: carmin

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Finally got power back burn of course no internet so can't stream. Reading all this sounds like classic canes but maybe they are starting to turn things around. Bleedgreen I was intrigued by your curve post- is this the same lidstrom curve that was basically equivalent to a zetterberg curve? I haven't played much over the last few years but I had a lidstrom/zetterberg curve that I loved that I think now is called a p9? I don't remember and am too lazy to dig out my sticks and look...
I think you're thinking of the Zetterberg Easton pattern that was renamed after being known as the Modano originally, and Bauer called it the P9. The Lidstrom is literally the opposite. Your P9/Z along with the Easton Sakic and the Bauer p88 have been the most common and popular amongst rec leaguers since the one pieces came out. A lot of that is because retailers, especially in the early days didn't want to spend the cash on all these sticks so only stocked a few patterns that were popular early and often never carried the other curves. The Lidstrom is imposing to look at, and the sticks are so expensive not many people bought it afraid to try a crazy curve, hate it and have lost out on that cash. The original Shanahan and Yzerman were also great Easton curves that not everyone got exposed to in those days. Giroux and Pat Kane use the Bauer version of the old Shanahan, I dont think anyone uses the old Yzerman.

So your P9/Z is a pretty straight curve, mild bend at the heel with a very low 5 lie, and it's thin. Very good playmaker curve but the opposite of the Lidstrom which is tall with a very deep curve and a 5.5-6.0 lie. A Pietrangelo in STL used to use the P9 - no idea if he still does I haven't watched him in awhile. Hedican used to use the Easton version.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
I haven't read anything here for a few days, so I don't know if there's any context to this, but my hatred for Justin Faulk is affecting my ability to live my life. He's so horrifically bad and continues to get regular ice on the PP and SH. He is our single worst player and he's killing us.

That is all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad