GDT: carmin

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
Tripp mentioned Ferland's curve as a Lidstrom, he is referencing the classic Easton Lidstrom retail pattern. Part of the reason I've admired the guy is because I noticed he's using it. It's actually a very good forward curve if you've got the hands to handle it. It's a squared off deep heel/mid curve that's twisted ridiculously open, its the easiest curve in the world to shoot over the glass with. It adds a ton of velocity to your shot though and makes it easy to roof from in tight. I've played with NCAA and minor league guys who use it as skill players and it's remarkable to watch because it has NO backhand or toe and skill guys who can dangle with it are impressive. Rob Shremp used it, if you go look at his old highlights - I can't think of another NHL'er using it right now. At this level you have to play simple with it, and work hard not to shoot too high. I like that he uses it, as it works well for power forwards as it's also a "tall" curve so more surface area for bouncing pucks and helps them get the shot up from tight. The other companies make versions of it, he's using a CCM.

He uses it very well, if you're familiar with it and have a half decent set of mitts you know what I'm talking about.

This was a really cool post. Thanks bleedgreen.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Zucker:
giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad