Speculation: Carey Price to Edmonton

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016

Speculated trade: Oilers trade their 2022 1st rounder (with conditions), a 2023 3rd, and Mikko Koskinen for Carey Price at 50% retained.

Wouldn't they still be over the cap for next season? Seems super risky for a guy coming off surgery, rehab and who hasn't played all year. I know it's Price but damn. I said I wanted a ballsy move so I guess this could be it. I dunno though

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
Wouldn't they still be over the cap for next season? Seems super risky for a guy coming off surgery, rehab and who hasn't played all year. I know it's Price but damn. I said I wanted a ballsy move so I guess this could be it. I dunno though

Lots of ways to get under the cap, only issue would be this season.

Ironworker

Dec 2, 2021
I dont know if it will happen but it would definitely give them a chance to do some damage in the playoffs. Not sure how great their D is.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

Speculated trade: Oilers trade their 2022 1st rounder (with conditions), a 2023 3rd, and Mikko Koskinen for Carey Price at 50% retained.

not enuf to MON if they are eating half

it would have to be like some variant of
Krav + Strome + Geo + Hajek
for
Price at half
{ballpark cap neutral}
who is immediately flipped at another 1.5 retained to Oil

but the return coming back has to be signnif incl Broberg for starters and Oil so far unwilling to go there

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Koskinen has a NMC... why would he want to go to Montreal in his last season?

and Montreal wouldnt eat half if theyre just getting a probable late 1st rounder and 3rd

Reactions: Morrison

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

like I said prior
you need a 3rd team to do 2nd retention
and
any way you cut it, it's gonna be expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad