Speculation: Carey Price and the Habs to win the Stanley Cup this year if Price wins in Sochi.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Hilarious thread.

Funniest thing is that people forget that coming into the Olympics, Price was the hottest goaltender and has been spectacular all season.

He didn't need to win the Gold to play the way he will. It's the rest of the team (well, most of it) that might need to look into some Lance Armstrong supplements.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
remind me again what happened a few years back when Montreal was on the verge of beating the Hurricanes and those pesky canes switched out goalies

The hurricanes had a decent regular season that year. But okay, I'll give you that. Mind you their road included a koivu less habs team, a sabres team that lost an incredible amount of players to injury, and a Cinderella oilers team that lost their starting goalie in the finals.

There was a lot going on around the goaltending story itself. An incredible alignment of stars, that would be very difficult to duplicate.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
We won our last 2 cups with average teams, average coachs and a great goalie on fire.

Anything can happen when you get into the playoffs.

Centers :

Plekanec and DD will have around 50pts by seasons end.......

In 93: Damphousse (97pts) Muller (93pts)

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I think we have a better chance than people are giving us credit for. Boston Rask don't play us well. Penguins we have took 2 out of 3 from them this year. They have Achilles heel in net and defense. Since Letang especially. There is no clearcut dominate team in east.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
If the past is any indication, we are going to lose the Stanley Cup finals in 2015.

Hasek wins gold in 1998. Loses 1999 Stanley Cup finals.

Luongo wins gold in 2010. Loses 2011 Stanley Cup finals.

... okay it's a silly stretch. :P

Jay Wolf

Jun 14, 2011
You wanna get nuts? Let's get nuts!:

Habs squeak by in the first round.
A centre goes down in the process and Galchenyuk takes his place in the 2nd round.
Galchenyuk ends up scoring at a point/game ratio into the finals.
Habs win the cup in a 1-0, overtime, Game 7 victory against the Kings.
Price is named Con Smythe winner.

Nov 22, 2014: The Montreal Canadiens announce the firing of Coach Michel Therrien after the reigning Stanley Cup champs start the season with a 0-15-5 record. Viggo Mortensen is subsequently hired as the new head coach of the most storied franchise in hockey.

Nov 23, 2014: David Desharnais announces his retirement from hockey.

Last edited:

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
HabsLinks ‏@HabsLinks 3m
More Waite: "In Chicago, I was asked the big question there a few years ago: Halak or Price? For me, the answer was no doubt it was Price."

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
HabsLinks ‏@HabsLinks 3m
More Waite: "In Chicago, I was asked the big question there a few years ago: Halak or Price? For me, the answer was no doubt it was Price."

St. Louis knew it too. Our management knew it which for them is a miracle. The only people who didn't was half our fanbase.

Sorry folks, you don't draft a guy 5th overall and when he's had a promising career thus far, trade him because a 9th round pick had one good playoff series. I loved Halak and always thought he had it in him since day 1, the guy was a steal. But he was never going to be the goalie Price has become or will become.

He's a solid goalie no doubt, but trading Price would have been an unmitigated disaster. I can safely say St. Louis would've already been riding the cup train had we done that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad