Carabao Cup 2020/21

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Of course it has been played differently, I'm not arguing it hasn't. Just find it off putting and frankly dated to think diving was concretely a region based issue throughout the 'history of the game'. It's 2020, not 1985, it's a dated way to look at things.

Yeah, but that's what I argued and someone claimed I was wrong and you jumped on it.

Why is it dated to think something USED to be a certain way? That's pretty much how it was. Then the 90s came and the like of Klinsmann came and brought it more and more up north. Italians will for quite some time be associated with their play acting and cheating while the brittish will be associated with concrete feet and leg breaking tackles, that's just how it is, even if that's not necessary the case anymore. It was a snarky unnecessary comment and I don't think diving only exist in the southern part of the world today, no. But it is were it originates from

Last edited:

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
I am a bit worried about how highly Arteta values ”safe” experienced guys with intangibles like Willian, Elneny, Bellerin, Cedric, Lacazette, Luiz and to an extent Xhaka. Arteta during his tenure has not given ”risker” players like Martinelli, Saka, Pepe, Saliba, AMN and Smith Rowe enough chances to explode and flourish with all their obvious talent.

I didn’t see the game today but that is just a general observation.

The "riskier" players should see action on Sunday.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Yeah, but that's what I argued and someone claimed I was wrong and you jumped on it.

Why is it dated to think something USED to be a certain way? That's pretty much how it was. Then the 90s came and the like of Klinsmann came and brought it more and more up north. Italians will for quite some time be associated with their play acting and cheating while the brittish will be associated with concrete feet and leg breaking tackles, that's just how it is, even if that's not necessary the case anymore. It was a snarky unnecessary comment and I don't think diving only exist in the southern part of the world today, no.
But your original comment was in regard to Ceballos which happened today, not something that 'USED to be a certain way'.

Anyways it's not worth having this argument. It's an overstated historic point imo, Diving happened everywhere that's just the reality.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
But your original comment was in regard to Ceballos which happened today, not something that 'USED to be a certain way'.

Anyways it's not worth having this argument. It's an overstated historic point imo, Diving happened everywhere that's just the reality.
most-dives-players.jpg

I prefer not to speak...

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Arsenal destroys Liverpools 41 month run at Anjoke. What a mighty club.

Leno was spectacular. Adrian definitely left his line on the El Neny penalty. I would consider it concerning for KFC fans that Salah doesn't score without Mane, really concerning. Gabriel was a beast.

Not surprised that the Arsenal players who should've started on Monday, started today and were all productive for the better.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Arsenal destroys Liverpools 41 month run at Anjoke. What a mighty club.

Leno was spectacular. Adrian definitely left his line on the El Neny penalty. I would consider it concerning for KFC fans that Salah doesn't score without Mane, really concerning. Gabriel was a beast.

Not surprised that the Arsenal players who should've started on Monday, started today and were all productive for the better.
Try harder S E P H, try harder. Im pulling for you.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
For emphasizing how much LFC doesn’t care about this competition, their fans seem to always flock these threads even after being eliminated.

Reactions: spintheblackcircle

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
For emphasizing how much LFC doesn’t care about this competition, their fans seem to always flock these threads even after being eliminated.
We just can’t resist the intelligence coming out of some of your guys. What can I say. I’m sure I’ll be done with this thread for at least a few months after this one though.

Reactions: Live in the Now

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I will be honest. Any trophy(and match) is nice to win but in term of priority Carabao cup is probably the lowest of them all.

That being said, losing on penalties (which is almost) a coin toss is not what I would call destroyed or even huge concerns for the team.

Hold on, is the anfield winning streak over because of this? That is more note worthy.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I will be honest. Any trophy(and match) is nice to win but in term of priority Carabao cup is probably the lowest of them all.

That being said, losing on penalties (which is almost) a coin toss is not what I would call destroyed or even huge concerns for the team.

Hold on, is the anfield winning streak over because of this? That is more note worthy.
No. It’s a draw and PKs in a tin pot. PKs don’t count. People will claim it, but let them.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
If they end up there you may not want to be in the thread anyways ;)

Correct. If they crap out of the CL group stages, there's a lot wrong with the club. The group is harder than it looks. I've said they probably drop one if not both of the bigger away matches (Ajax and Atalanta) but they should still have enough to get out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad