Carabao Cup 2020/21

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I'd be lying if I said I give a f*** about going out of the Carabao Cup but at least under Wenger it was a lot more fun because he would just throw in the kids while we had better things to worry about. Now we have to focus on being bottom 5 in the league.

Reactions: Rob

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I'd be lying if I said I give a f*** about going out of the Carabao Cup but at least under Wenger it was a lot more fun because he would just throw in the kids while we had better things to worry about. Now we have to focus on being bottom 5 in the league.
No one in the PL really cares about this competition, but you'd still like to see a bit more passion and progressive play from Arsenal here, especially with how many younger players fighting for spots they have played.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
No one in the PL really cares about this competition, but you'd still like to see a bit more passion and progressive play from Arsenal here, especially with how many younger players fighting for spots they have played.

Mikel Arteta and Unai Emery have destroyed everything so lovable about Arsenal. The class and gracefulness, the beautiful football, the 4 goal wins every home game against non top 6 sides, giving chances to youngsters, finding gems in the transfer market and making them world class. All gone now.

All we had to do after 17/18 was sort out our away form by bringing in a defensive midfielder and centre back to handle high pressing teams but because people (idiots, journos, pretend journos, and Twitter accounts) had brainwashed people that there had been significant problems for over a decade, we went and shot ourselves in the foot UNPROVOKED. We decided to go back to the drawing board and gave pencils to toddlers who absolutely cannot draw. By pencils, I mean the keys to a billion dollar organization. I hate this.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Compare that situation to where we are now. Pretty huge difference. Wenger overacheived massively towards the end, even.
Or the decline and the writing was on the wall and if Wenger had been here right now you’d be calling for his exit. “Yeah he’s a legend but the games past him, he should resign” this would’ve been the tune. No one is buying the bs

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
It is pretty dumb indeed.

The technology is available and used in the league... why not use it in the League Cup lol

I get it for early rounds when you've got two league two sides against each other and the extent of their camera work is a wide angle shot from half, but once you're in the semis there's not much excuse.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Or the decline and the writing was on the wall and if Wenger had been here right now you’d be calling for his exit. “Yeah he’s a legend but the games past him, he should resign” this would’ve been the tune. No one is buying the bs
I don't care who their manager is, until they fix the situation at the club ownership/management level they will be mediocre at best.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I don't care who their manager is, until they fix the situation at the club ownership/management level they will be mediocre at best.
I think that’s a crystal clear to anyone who has a clue. They’re not winning anything until something drastic happens.

Reactions: Blender

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I would never want Wenger out. In 17/18, we really just missed out on the UEL title due to insane, unparralelled luck against Atletico, we had 28 shots to their 6, 76% possession and were denied three clear penalties in the first leg. Should have been 5-0. This was in our only ever Wenger season outside of the Champions League. We were not in a problematic situation under Wenger. All he needed was a defensive midfielder and center back to win the title.

I agree with everyone that Kroenke is the real issue here. He needs to be more ambitious, spend more, take a larger intrest in the club and hire the right managers.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
So you’re ok with no trophies and 4th place finish?

No, but Wenger got the max out of our squad every year. Kroenke not backing him with defensive players stopped us from winning the title in 2014,2015 and 2016 when our offence and creativity was by far the best. Kroenke has backed Emery and Arteta much better, if Wenger stayed we would be challenging.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Wenger could have dealt with Arsenal's problems from a position of strength when they were still a legit contender and top team in Europe. Instead he allowed it to deteriorate to a situation where you have a borderline top 6 squad who get their pride from winning other competitions de-prioritized by their title rivals and being better than Everton South i.e. Spurs.

It was a classic situation where Arsenal were in a downward trajectory and he jumped off halfway down. Hiring meh managers afterwards hasn't helped, but it's also an easy situation to look like a 'meh' manager.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Arteta says Runarsson is adapting to the league, he seriously said that. I’m sorry do they play with exercise balls in France or something?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad