Confirmed Signing with Link: [CAR] F Skyler Brind’Amour signs with the Hurricanes (1 year, $775k, two-way)

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
No i am happy that canes keep getting worse
That make sense. As a fan of a team that rarely ever makes it out of the first round, I could see how it's better to root that teams that do make it to the 2nd and 3rd round get worse.

Although I fail to see how a signing for a bottom 6 AHL guy makes the NHL team worse.

Reactions: chaz4hockey

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
That make sense. As a fan of a team that rarely ever makes it out of the first round, I could see how it's better to root that teams that do make it to the 2nd and 3rd round get worse.

Although I fail to see how a signing for a bottom 6 AHL guy makes the NHL team worse.
As the forward in the AHL with the lowest cap hit, he is probably one injury away from being the first guy recalled.

Also, Sam Gagner led the Canes in preseason scoring, yet they choose not to sign him.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Also, Sam Gagner led the Canes in preseason scoring, yet they choose not to sign him.
Ok? He's Sam Gagner, everyone knows who he is. Did some other team rush to quickly sign him to an NHL deal when the Hurricanes declined? Perhaps he's busy determining which of his many offers to consider at the moment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad