Confirmed with Link: CAR Acquires Patrick Marleau along with 2020 1st (conditional) and 2020 7th for 2020 6th

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
My message to whoever it was I was talking to about this a week or two ago: we absolutely want to be the ones helping Toronto out of this jam.

Exciting to have a second 1st next year.

This is a smart take. 2 or 3 teams will benefit from Torontos problems. It's huge to be one of those 2 or 3 teams.

A 1st for 833k and some cap space for 1 year is pretty great.

Reactions: A Star is Burns

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Should be a good 1st rounder. Similar to their #22 this year. Leafs have a good offense but their already-shaky defense is losing Gardiner and Zaitsev and Frederik Andersen could falter.

Reactions: A Star is Burns

Dishface

Registered Jerk
Sep 27, 2013
Kenosha, WI
I dont know how to feel about this. We get a first rounder next year/trade assest, but why help the leafs? I guess if we didn't, someone else will, so take advantage.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
I dont know how to feel about this. We get a first rounder next year/trade assest, but why help the leafs? I guess if we didn't, someone else will, so take advantage.

Is it 'helping' the leafs? Or is it fleecing a desperate leafs team. A 1st rounder for 6m in cap space for one year is not the biggest of favors.

Reactions: WWAD and cptjeff

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.

Because it's a closed system. The Leafs have to get rid of contracts somehow and the price will go up high enough that a team with the cap room will buy one. We are not doing this out of generosity. The value of a 1st round pick is as high as it's ever been these days- look at who we just got at the bottom of the 1st round. If we had Toronto's pick this year trading up for Caulfield would have been easy to do. We just took the leafs to the cleaners to help them with their cap issues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad