Prospect Info: Caps Top Prospects General Discussion Thread - 2024

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Sponsor
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
He's been beating the Cristall can't skate drum since pre draft. I honestly think he didn't like him much going into the draft and doesn't want to go back on his analysis now. He's dying on this hill until Cristall becomes successful at the next level.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Or until the industry tells him to think differently...

Hopefully Cristall rips it up right into a prominent spot at the WJCs. He can have a truly dominant star junior season if he consistently plays at his best.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I mean part of it is the large swath bias. Looking across all teams. they don’t see a lot under the covers. Cristal has a ways to go but there is also a lot to be excited about. Same with Cole Hudson. There was a good article on Lane Hudson and how he is overcoming his size. There is a place for smaller players with the decrease in physicality. It’s really interesting to watch. Players today mostly avoid contact.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
He's been beating the Cristall can't skate drum since pre draft. I honestly think he didn't like him much going into the draft and doesn't want to go back on his analysis now. He's dying on this hill until Cristall becomes successful at the next level.

Corey always hates certain types of players, and often hates smaller scorers who aren't elite scorers. He hates them during their draft years and sticks his head in sand in their D+ seasons even if those players improved their skating. You could already see the trend with DeBrincat who Pronman didn't like at all and kept questioning his skating and bringing him down his entire Junior career even though his skating improved significantly. Then Pronman just went quiet when DeBrincat put up nearly 30 goals in his rookie season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad