GDT: Caps @ Sabres - 1/28/14 7:30 PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
ROW for harmony!

Laich and Brouwer together again. The lines have me confused. How about Fehr - Laich - Rat? No, because it's gotta be Brouwer.

SkinsFan09

Jun 10, 2009
Brooklyn
WTF did Fehr do to deserve 4th line duty? And I'm glad to see one game vs a garbage MTL team makes Oates believe the D pairings were okay beforehand when you know, we lost 7 straight...

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Jesus Christ, I knew the Caps fan base had a drinking problem, but not this bad.

Cheers - Buffalo Theory

The Buffalo Theory as told by Cliff Clavin: No one can explain this as well as Cliff Clavin, on Cheers. One afternoon at Cheers, Cliff Clavin was explaining the Buffalo Theory to his buddy Norm. and here's how it went:

"Well ya see, Norm, it's like this... A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

"In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first.

In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers."

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
The big news is that Wilson got a promotion of course

Here's to hoping he makes the most of his extra ice time

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
WTF did Fehr do to deserve 4th line duty? And I'm glad to see one game vs a garbage MTL team makes Oates believe the D pairings were okay beforehand when you know, we lost 7 straight...

Oates seems to punish performance and reward slumps. It appears his philosophy is to take "hot" players and bump them down to get lower lines going, and move players who need a boost up a line or two to jolt them.

Buffalo should be tired but glad to be home. Other than last night's shutout in Pittsburgh the Sabres had been putting up at least 3 goals per game since mid-January.

So I'm going 3-2 Sabres unless the Caps get off to a fast start.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Yep, Fehr passes the eye test mostly but the actual production hasn't been there lately. Zero points in his last nine games.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Yep, Fehr passes the eye test mostly but the actual production hasn't been there lately. Zero points in his last nine games.

Yeah only 2 goals and no assists for the month of January. Then there's MAJO, who also has 2 goals but 5 assists for the month of January and who was one of the few that did not play well in Montreal. How he seemingly gets a free pass from some on these boards. :huh:

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Yeah only 2 goals and no assists for the month of January. Then there's MAJO, who also has 2 goals but 5 assists for the month of January and who was one of the few that did not play well in Montreal. How he seemingly gets a free pass from some on these boards. :huh:

MoJo doesn't get a free pass, 2 goals and 5 assists are more than 2 goals.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
The only guys scoring were Ovechkin and Chimera, but only Fehr is accountable? When Alan May correctly noted he's been maybe the best forward on the ice many nights?

Vladiator16*

Cheers - Buffalo Theory

The Buffalo Theory as told by Cliff Clavin: No one can explain this as well as Cliff Clavin, on Cheers. One afternoon at Cheers, Cliff Clavin was explaining the Buffalo Theory to his buddy Norm. and here's how it went:

"Well ya see, Norm, it's like this... A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

"In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first.

In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers."

So... Alcohol kills brain cells... OK alcohol, challenge accepted!

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Oates is just flailing around with the line changes at this point. Why not use a dart board?

Vladiator16*

The good news is both teams suck so hard that they'll be on even footing and maybe make an interesting game.

Sorry brother, but i don't remember an interesting game between us and Buffalo... ever... but i hope i'm wrong.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Sorry brother, but i don't remember an interesting game between us and Buffalo... ever... but i hope i'm wrong.

Really? There've been some interesting trainwreck blowout losses, especially in Buffalo. And then there was the Briere/Ovie dirty hit game in DC (which I attended and was a madhouse with visiting Sabre fans causing trouble).

And how can we forget the '98 ECF series? :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad