Speculation: Caps Roster General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines/etc) | 2024-25 Summer Edition

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Wow… i was all for leaving everything at forward ranks in tact for another game or two. Carbs going the opposite direction and saying, I gifted spots based on having been here and earned it. But one game and out. Despite being ‘wrong’ I’m still all for it. Carbs doesn’t play.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
That was a decade+ ago. Oates was messing with him because Oates was a control freak who always thought he knew best. This is because Ovechkin isn't the player who used to be.
Is he now a left hand shot? What has changed that makes a guy who has played almost his entire career on the LW now better suited to the RW?

Oh wait I just figured it out: it's less distance to and from the bench. It's to help him conserve energy and save him for short bursts of speed :laugh:

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Nothing wrong with the move. Unless OV scores 1+, this is nothing more than a shake up and we revert back to the rolling OV out in a coffin until he breaks 99's record
Well when you put it like that, what’s not to like. Carbs continuing to have to spin plates because not everybody can play the both ends of the ice, 5-man connected unit hockey he (rightly) favors. At least it’s only one guy whose D deficiencies/physical compromises/mental checkouts have to be covered up, instead of 4 as it was at the start of last year. Anyway, I like the RW move

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
OV is not going to play RW for more than a shift or two. And I’m taking the under.

What nobody has really mentioned is Protas with OV. Been calling for this since last year. Pro has great eyes, is very strong on the boards and puck retrieval. With Strome being a shoot first center you balance it out having Pro out there. So you have Strome in front of the net, Pro on the boards, and OV cherry picking at the. Blue line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad