Speculation: Caps Roster General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines/etc) | 2024-25 Summer Edition

MW6

Sponsor
Oct 21, 2011
Umeå
FW-Lines at morning skate was
Protas-Strome-Ovechkin (on the right side)
McMichael-Dubois-Wilson
Vrana-Lapierre-Mangipane
Duhaime-Dowd-Raddysh

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Why do you have this idea that your third line wingers need to be defensive players?
lol….it was sarcasm….because that line gave up some goals (coach called them out for exactly that with the -3 comment)….so he wants to fix that, sure bring in a guy known for little D lol….makes sense.

Honestly, big picture it’s inconsequential today….those bottom guys will have to battle it out all year. I support the competition.

Reactions: um

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Way more concerned with McIlrath than the forward changes. The top nine is what it is...a jumbled mishmash lacking that true pace-setting stud. It's going to be by committee until Lenny or Cristall pop in a big way (and even then from the wing that's a harder sell).

I guess Sandin-TVR could be considered the second pair? But not really. Sandin needs to step up offensively. Chychrun ought to cut off any possible PP time for Sandin but it's 5v5 in more of an insulated role where he needs to really make his mark. If he can't do that then IMO he's just holding Hutson's spot warm.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
I like illrath getting a jersey. Thought he played well in the POs last year.

One thing is certain:

Carbs shaking up the 3rd line already sends a message to the team: perform well or get somewhere. Based on his post-game presser, I knew he would make changes.

I like it.

Last edited:

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Alexeyev should really be getting in, he looked good at the end of last season.
Against a team like Vegas McIlrath might be the better option. They're an experienced and strong team so an older, wiser D-man might be preferable. I was going to say size as well, but Alexeyev is a big guy - though not sure he plays as big as McIlrath (yet)?

WTF?? This on ESPN. I had to check if it was April Fool's Day:

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
What is the deal with the f***ing font they are using on the Caps site this year??

Attachments

• IMG_0729.jpeg
    IMG_0729.jpeg
    154 KB · Views: 1

ArmadilloThumb

Apr 20, 2018
As I mentioned over the summer a few times, we have an opportunity to let Carbs experiment without getting freaked out.

Right now I'd try...

Ovi - Strome - Wilson
Miroshnichenko - PLD - Mangiapane
Vrana - CMM - Protas

Vrana with CMM as CMM plays 200 ft game well and Protas with CMM as the have had good chemistry.

Reactions: Kolzilla

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad