Speculation: Caps Roster General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines/etc) | 2024-25 Summer Edition

MW6

Sponsor
Oct 21, 2011
Umeå
FW-Lines at morning skate was
Protas-Strome-Ovechkin (on the right side)
McMichael-Dubois-Wilson
Vrana-Lapierre-Mangipane
Duhaime-Dowd-Raddysh

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Why do you have this idea that your third line wingers need to be defensive players?
lol….it was sarcasm….because that line gave up some goals (coach called them out for exactly that with the -3 comment)….so he wants to fix that, sure bring in a guy known for little D lol….makes sense.

Honestly, big picture it’s inconsequential today….those bottom guys will have to battle it out all year. I support the competition.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Way more concerned with McIlrath than the forward changes. The top nine is what it is...a jumbled mishmash lacking that true pace-setting stud. It's going to be by committee until Lenny or Cristall pop in a big way (and even then from the wing that's a harder sell).

I guess Sandin-TVR could be considered the second pair? But not really. Sandin needs to step up offensively. Chychrun ought to cut off any possible PP time for Sandin but it's 5v5 in more of an insulated role where he needs to really make his mark. If he can't do that then IMO he's just holding Hutson's spot warm.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
I like illrath getting a jersey. Thought he played well in the POs last year.

One this is certain:

Carbs shaking up the 3rd line already sends a message to the team: perform well or get somewhere. Based on his post-game presser, I knew he would make changes.

I like it.

Reactions: Marshall

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad