Speculation: Caps Roster General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines/etc) | 2024-25 Summer Edition

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
If the NHL was smart they would promote the players better and build intriguing story lines leading up to the games, versus a gimmicky 15 minute shotgun start where nobody can watch all the games.

Not to defend the NHL or anything, but did you catch the promo they ran with younger players like Bedard, Jack Hughes, McDavid, Matthews, Eichel and others acting like spoiled GenZ/Millennials, followed by Crosby complaining about "Kids these days". I liked it, and the 80's new wave tune Ca Plane Pour Moi was a nice touch.

qc14

Jul 1, 2024
I mean getting Bedard seems worth it
They would've still gotten Bedard with him there and would've also had a great 2c to play behind him (or an extra asset to trade at the deadline). Going full teardown rebuild is never worth it. It's much easier to still be bad with good players than to obtain good players after being bad. Bedard is good enough that Chicago could've been a legit playoff contender with him this year. Instead they're running Pat Maroon and Nick Foligno on their PP units and are probably going to waste Bedard's first four or five years in the league

Reactions: Lou Sassole

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad