Speculation: Caps Roster General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines/etc) | 2023-24 Regular Season Edition

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Who the hell plants traps? Out of seeds? Who is this? A bot? And why the hell am I here in June?

v1OGeE.gif

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
If they are to overpay a UFA he'd be the guy I'd target. He's a crafty playmaker in front of the net who can score. If he can stay relatively healthy then he may also age relatively gracefully.

Reactions: Rayquaza64

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Would we do 7 years 9mill if thats the highest bidder?
I have to say stealing him from the pens and canes make it a little sweeter
Via bleacher report
  1. Prediction
    Guentzel will be such a good fit with the Hurricanes that they'll spend to keep him long term even if they have to trade restricted free agent Martin Necas to ensure sufficient cap room to keep him. He could receive a seven-year extension with the Hurricanes worth between $8.5 million and $9 million annually.

Lindemann

Apr 7, 2017
Signing Jake would drastically change our offense. You offer the most you can for him

Especially if we have space with backstrom on LTIR and potentially Oshie

Todd Lazarchick

Oct 15, 2019
He wants Reinhart and if he doesn’t get his Reinhart he’ll throw a toddler esque temper tantrum
Sam is my overall choice. Jake is very nice consolation. There’s no tantrum needed. He does the same thing every offseason and you all fall for it lol.

1. Talk about how they need an injection of youth and scoring
2. Leak to media their “interest” in someone they have no intention of signing to get fans talking
3. Talk post draft how “we tried but nothing came together”
4. Sign/trade for a washed up 3rd pair d-man
5. Media session saying you’re still looking for scoring
6. Sign/trade for injured/reclamation project middle 6 forward
7. Media talk again still looking for scoring
8. End up doing nothing of significance for the roster.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Sam is my overall choice. Jake is very nice consolation. There’s no tantrum needed. He does the same thing every offseason and you all fall for it lol.

2. Leak to media their “interest” in someone they have no intention of signing to get fans talking
Please name the names of star players that were leaked to the media every year by Washington management since BMac was GM. I’ll wait.

hb13xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania

They haven’t been linked to a single player yet this offseason and I wouldn’t trust Seravali either. He’s usually only solid for Toronto leaks.

Reactions: wickedwitch

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Please name the names of star players that were leaked to the media every year by Washington management since BMac was GM. I’ll wait.
This poster seems to be mashing up crap from the McPhee era with recent struggles in dealing with cap space/dead weight.

The Instigator

Tom Wilson - NHL All Star
Feb 6, 2010

1000009428.jpg

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I’d take him and give him 7 years….what’s the ask…9-10 mil? Why not? What else can we get?

he’d be the guy after Ovi……
Yes! He who wins the sweepstakes is he who gives 7 years. And I’d be willing to give a 5th or 6th which is probably enough. Maybe a 4th. Of course with a contract in place before it happens.

I think GMBM has several options he wants to go aggressively after on day 1 (or consummated before). He has an order. I don’t know what it is. I think there is a deal on day 1.

Reactions: Misery74

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad