Speculation: Caps Roster General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines/etc) | 2023-24 Regular Season Edition

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I cant see Laine having much more value then Kuz. Both had 2 years left 8.7mill and fresh out of the NHL rehab program . So I would consider it if the price is a 3rd rounder 50% retained. Laine also has a NMC

Reactions: Ridley Simon

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Laine requires all the same compensations and offsets from his teammates that Ovie does (more pressure on everyone else, not very mobile, bad along the boards, needs others to devote themselves to getting him the puck, etc.) with less of Ovie’s passing ability and goal-scoring, even though he’s more than a decade younger.

Like, we already have an older version of Laine that’s better - and teams with 2 immobile goal-scorers who have to be fed and can’t play D does not = success. If you’re watching Florida play and just roast other t NHL teams that are actually pretty good, you’ll see they don’t have 1 (let alone 2) immobile forwards in their top 6 who can’t play 2-way games in their lineup. It’s the exact opposite of how they play - even Tarasenko doesn’t float.

I guess pickle ball is better then nothing? Ovie looking big

Jesus. He’s on the suburban Mom training regimen.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Laine requires all the same compensations and offsets from his teammates that Ovie does (more pressure on everyone else, not very mobile, bad along the boards, needs others to devote themselves to getting him the puck, etc.) with less of Ovie’s passing ability and goal-scoring, even though he’s more than a decade younger.

Like, we already have an older version of Laine that’s better - and teams with 2 immobile goal-scorers who have to be fed and can’t play D does not = success. If you’re watching Florida play and just roast other t NHL teams that are actually pretty good, you’ll see they don’t have 1 (let alone 2) immobile forwards in their top 6 who can’t play 2-way games in their lineup. It’s the exact opposite of how they play - even Tarasenko doesn’t float.

Jesus. He’s on the suburban Mom training regimen.
yikes. hoping this is just vacation and he's gonna get at least a bit serious when he gets home.

Reactions: hb12xchamps

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I think it’s possible Kings buy him out. I prefer to acquire him after that and sign him for $5M rehab contract.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I really hope that’s just a terrible angle on that picture. You really don’t like seeing your captain and team icon going full DSP when he’s supposed to be on track to break Gretzky’s record.

I mean, you wanna give him a rest obviously to enjoy the offseason and recharge, but damn if that’s not just an unflattering shirt and angle, he looks as bad as I’ve ever seen him.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I mean, you wanna give him a rest obviously to enjoy the offseason and recharge, but damn if that’s not just an unflattering shirt and angle, he looks as bad as I’ve ever seen him.
He had his rest in the first round lol. His ass needs a treadmill and a personal trainer if that isn’t a bad angle. That’s a photo that someone glances at and immediately comes up with a workout plan and diet for themselves.

Planetov

Nov 18, 2019
Just got this from my wife and daughter for Father’s Day…
IMG_2323.jpeg

Thank you @BiPolar Caps for posting this.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Geelong Cats @ Carlton Blues
    Geelong Cats @ Carlton Blues
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,500.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs Ukraine
    Slovakia vs Ukraine
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $700.00