GDT: Caps @ Jets Mar 22/13 7pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Lost in all the Mike Green whiff talk is that the pass wasn't even going to him in the first place.

Come on, that was a dummy pass. :sarcasm:

A dummy or feint is an association football (soccer), rugby league, rugby union and Australian rules football term used to refer to a particular player deceiving the opposition into believing he is going to pass, shoot or receive the ball and instead doing something entirely different, thus gaining an advantage.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Orlov, on the other hand, man, I don't know if he's just rusty, but I saw him take about ten strides last night to get from center ice back to faceoff circle while chasing a dumped puck. And don't get me wrong, I like the guy. I like his hitting. But maybe not a naturally gifted skater. I still have visions of him getting torched last year by CHI's Stallberg. Was not a fair race.

I think you're right, Dima is very technical on skates when in top shape, but he'll never have a smooth Niedermayer stride.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Come on, that was a dummy pass. :sarcasm:

A dummy or feint is an association football (soccer), rugby league, rugby union and Australian rules football term used to refer to a particular player deceiving the opposition into believing he is going to pass, shoot or receive the ball and instead doing something entirely different, thus gaining an advantage.

You felt the need to define this why exactly?

bonzaibondra12

Feb 13, 2010
Rockville, MD
He needs to stop trying to make the pretty plays though. The one where he joins the rush, takes the puck deep and fans on the shot had me steaming. Way too nonchalant. Someone needs to smack him upside the head and wake him up. A little urgency please, Green.

I am not defending some of his plays, just this team looks worlds better when he is in the lineup.

He never missed games when this team was a contender. The past few years he has been hurt. When he isn't playing this team seems to get less shots and give up more goals.

I don't know where to find the exact stats, just using the eye test of not missing more than a couple games a year.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
"It was pretty big hit. I think we both was feeling it."

I appreciate that Carrera doesn't correct 8's grammar or syntax (and that WaPo copy editors are on board). You can hear his voice when you read these quotes.

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
"It was pretty big hit. I think we both was feeling it."

I appreciate that Carrera doesn't correct 8's grammar or syntax (and that WaPo copy editors are on board). You can hear his voice when you read these quotes.

I heard on the Tony Kornheiser Show that the Washington Post as a rule does not change quotes for grammar and syntax anymore because of the information age and the possiblity of multiple places "cleaning up" a quote differently. He said that many media outlets adhere to that rule now.

Halpysback*

I bet Caps lose this game and then blame it on being the second of a back-to-back :naughty:

It's probably gonna be reminiscent of our back to back against the Devils at home, with them being the caps and us being the Devils.

Playing 2x in a row at home against the same team generally means you'll go full Pejorative Slur in the second game in front of your fans. Them being full of caps killers doesn't help at all.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Lost in Time and Space
If the Caps win tonight, they are 5 pts out. Winnipeg has played an extra game.

I thought this was a lot more hopeless than that?

The relative suckage of the SE and underachieving teams in the EC (Philly, Rags etc) has somehow put the tank in jeapoardy.

Its really tough to understand how we can still be in striking distance still

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
I heard on the Tony Kornheiser Show that the Washington Post as a rule does not change quotes for grammar and syntax anymore because of the information age and the possiblity of multiple places "cleaning up" a quote differently. He said that many media outlets adhere to that rule now.

Makes sense. Didn't know this.

Rooting for a Caps win and Islanders loss. What would be especially hilarious would be another, well, you know the word, it involves goalies playing very well.

AO w/ another PP goal, and 20 or 21 tallying too.

Existential question: with 20 & 21 on same line, when it comes time for the humorless, sanctimonious cliche about the importance of working hard, who gets to say it?

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Makes sense. Didn't know this.

Rooting for a Caps win and Islanders loss. What would be especially hilarious would be another, well, you know the word, it involves goalies playing very well.

AO w/ another PP goal, and 20 or 21 tallying too.

Existential question: with 20 & 21 on same line, when it comes time for the humorless, sanctimonious cliche about the importance of working hard, who gets to say it?

They take turns and then say the last part in unison. Then Brouwer retreats to the Fortress of Men.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
They take turns and then say the last part in unison. Then Brouwer retreats to the Fortress of Men.

:)

For some reason, your scenario reminds me of the famous Statsny-Duchesne bang bang dance. Equally gay, and equally entertaining.

If Knuble were still on the squad, it would have been aesthetically pleasing to dress a 20-21-22 line. On the other hand, personality wise, it definitely would have been the Buzzkill Line.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Another good outing for Holtby tonight and I'm officially labeling him a "Jet killer".

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
If the Caps win tonight, they are 5 pts out. Winnipeg has played an extra game.

I thought this was a lot more hopeless than that?

That would be really disruptive to the tank.

libya-03-1.jpg

mae

Jan 10, 2013
The past 2 games I've seen Ribeiro start the game on PP1, but then later be replaced by MJ later on. Does anyone know why?

I hope Oates is just testing things out with a lead, but I don't know why he would since Ribeiro is playing great in that spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad