GDT: Caps at NYI, 3/9/2013 @ 1:00 PM ft. Grubauer

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Not going to throw dirt on them yet but losing to a team like the Isles would totally fit the Caps profile of overconfidence and slacking off following a big win or two. Especially since it's an afternoon game, and on the road.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Got nothing to back this up, but I get the feeling there is more to Neuvy's absence than illness. And I am a Neuvy supporter. Just feels like there is something going on behind the scenes. Neuvy hasn't played since Oates gave him that early hook in Philly (I think). Then Holtby plays all those games in a row. Add to it Neuvy's comments during the lockout. Just seems fishy.

Then again he really could be sick. :laugh:

It would make sense to send Neuvirth out as Gurubuaueur is playing well, and ripping up the AHL. Caps need D help, and they have 30, 81, and 90 all sitting. Young players that could fetch a lot. I am more partial to 81 staying, for sure.

Wonder what a 30/90 package could fetch?

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Got nothing to back this up, but I get the feeling there is more to Neuvy's absence than illness. And I am a Neuvy supporter. Just feels like there is something going on behind the scenes. Neuvy hasn't played since Oates gave him that early hook in Philly (I think). Then Holtby plays all those games in a row. Add to it Neuvy's comments during the lockout. Just seems fishy.

Then again he really could be sick. :laugh:

This has been my feeling as well. It seems like Neuvy has had a sense of entitlement since Varly was traded, and maybe he chirped about it a bit too much and got a quick hook when he didn't back it up.

I think he's on the trade block.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia

Who would have thought that Neuvy's "easiest competition" will make him useless so soon?

That's a bit premature but anyway. He shouldn't say things like that.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
You guys know that family they keep showing before commercial breaks? I think the guy on the left is wearing a #90 jersey... I think it's the guy who posted here on the first page. :laugh:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Defense is pathetic, the forwards are sloppy. Easily winnable game, and they are blowing it.

I like Gurubuaueur though. He looks good.

These are the losses you look back at when you realize you're left out of the playoffs.

That said, only down 1. Give us one good period of hockey and a 3-2/4-2 win is there for the taking still.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
off-topic

that Nichushkin guy scored again. 5 goals in 9 playoff games. all in ~ 11:00 average TOI.

tank!!!

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
So who sees a Caps comeback? I do think Caps score again...so really it depends on how Gurubuaueur plays here in the 3rd. If Gurubuaueur is on, they can steal a point or 2

I'm actually up for a shootout. The first one of the season. I like most here want to see how, Ribs, Wolski and Hendricks perform. Just once please.

Bonzai

Nov 21, 2008
So who sees a Caps comeback? I do think Caps score again...so really it depends on how Gurubuaueur plays here in the 3rd. If Gurubuaueur is on, they can steal a point or 2
I do. Think they'll come out with a goal in the first 3 minutes of the period. Think we're winning this game.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

If they can come back from 3-0 down to the Bruins they can come back from a 2-1 deficit to the Isles. Still need to do it though.

If they come back or not, they need to pick up the play in the 3rd. Can't go into a game with the Rags tomorrow after laying an egg on the Island.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad