GDT: Capitals vs. Canucks 9:30

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Dorm wifi sucking is typical? Surprising to me.

Back when I was in school, we didn't have wifi, but the dorm internet connection was incredibly fast. Faster than anything you could get in a residential setting.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010

Back when I was in school, we didn't have wifi, but the dorm internet connection was incredibly fast. Faster than anything you could get in a residential setting.

Same here. I went to college before Wifi was standard. But our Cat5 connections were super fast.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia

Yeah, pretty much anyone I know who has been in college the past 5 years complains about the WiFi. There have been times when the professor had to delay class for a couple minutes because he couldn't get the WiFi working. It's pretty rough.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Wired was pretty good, though heavily monitored, while I was in school. Wifi kinda sucked, because it was meant for all of campus, but I stuck to wired while in my room.

I used to play SC:Brood War during classes via Wifi, though. So it was pretty good.

itsjustsurvival

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2006
richmond, virginia.

Same here. But it's been 10 years since I lived in a dorm. The amount of devices that use internet now is so much greater(cell phones, tablets, consoles etc).

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Same here. But it's been 10 years since I lived in a dorm. The amount of devices that use internet now is so much greater(cell phones, tablets, consoles etc).

Yeah, I'm on around the same timeline as you. The glory days of file sharing.

Even with all of the internet devices, the massive amount of bandwidth that any major university would have available could easily handle them. My guess is they're intentionally throttling it.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
sluggish first, just caught up on the dvr. getting out 0-0 was a victory in itself, we started getting a few shots in the end there. time to pick it up or its going to be a long night.

Burakovsky95*

I think a lot of people look lost. Sedin line is killing us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad