Capitals buying CapFriendly, Site to be shutdown (RIP, Site gone)

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
My question is… how does the league check that contract signings and trades are cap compliant?? How do teams do it if they don’t have this site.

lol I’m still floored by this. My impression was they have like sophisticated bespoke programs worth millions of dollars, the reality is what… Rainman locked in the NHL broom closet?
NHL Central Registry is a thing.

Reactions: d rake

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
The only thing the NHL cares about is somebody taking part of their product and reselling it imo.
If they cared about contract info getting out, they would have put guardrails up on leaks before the last lockout.
The NHLPA announces contracts not the NHL and they cannot forbid employees from speaking to each other about compensation.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
The NHLPA announces contracts not the NHL and they cannot forbid employees from speaking to each other about compensation.
I agree, this is a separate point though.

Whenever a party cashes in on the NHL, the league has a problem with the. This is any sports league.

Looks less and less like this acquisition was about contract data and more about all the other info that could be managed with the site.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
So how’s that working out for you Caps?

Kuemper for Dubois? LOL. Dubois and Strome on the same team…YIkes!

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

giphy.webp

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
PuckPedia has a long way to go before it hits the level CF got to IMO. Might have most of the same features, but it is FUGLY.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad