GDT: Canucks Training Camp Thread | Sept. 18th

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
For sure. Who best fills that void? Does Lekk get a shot? Does it give Blais a chance a stake a claim? Maybe Bains gets another go? Or is Aman just going to slide in and someone else slots in at 13th fwd?

I would imagine the player whose chances are most improved by the Joshua news is Sammy Blais, who is basically the same type of player and can be slotted into that bottom-6 role relatively seamlessly.

I don't think a Joshua injury really helps Lekkerimaki etc. all that much.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
For sure. Who best fills that void? Does Lekk get a shot? Does it give Blais a chance a stake a claim? Maybe Bains gets another go? Or is Aman just going to slide in and someone else slots in at 13th fwd?

Prior to Joshua being diagnosed, the Canucks already had 14 players vying spots and Blais on a PTO.

Top-6: Pettersson, Miller, Boeser, DeBrusk, & Garland

Middle 6: Heinen, Blueger, Suter, Sherwood, Hoglander, & Sprong

Bottom 6: Aman, Di Giuseppe, & Blais

credulous

Nov 18, 2021

aman, sasson (because they are centers) or pdg (because tocchet) imo

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
i hope boeser is healthy and okay to play. i also think he might be a trading chip ufa end of summer 2025 correct? could get dealt for a defenseman to teams who need a sniper.

henien and debrusk with the goals.
I really don't get why anyone would want to trade Boeser. I get adding another dman but that's what picks and prospects are for. Brock has been rounding out his game and that and finally being healthy culminated into Brock assuming he continues this level of play a key piece of our core and let's not forget how clutch he was in the playoffs.
An extension likely only adds a couple of million on the cap.

I have high hopes for Lekks but our window is now and plucking a 40 goal scorer and replacing him with a 20 year old unproven winger, significantly downgrades our team while our window is wide open.

For me as much as I like Garland an ideal situation would be having Lekks make the team making him expendable and we move him for a 2nd and use that as part of a package to get Rasmus Anderson or even better weeger. The dream would be to do it pick heavy meaning we don't trade Willander but it's something I would maybe be ok with because adding a dman of that calibre without giving up a core piece would significantly strengthen us to the point assuming Demko gets past the injury that we would have to be considered a true cup contender.

Hughes - Hronek
Soucy- - Weeger/ Anderson
Deharnais/ Forbort - Myers.

Hogz - JT - Boeser
Lekks/Sprong- EP- Jake
Lekks/Sprong- Bleuger- DJ
Heinen - Suter- Sherwood.
Demko -Silovs.

That's one hell of a roster with some solid depth in Aman, Karlson, Raty and not one real glaring weakness that stacks up with any roster in the league, especially when you look at all the top teams and see they all have some pretty big Question marks

Tobi1Kenobi

May 26, 2024
Prior to Joshua being diagnosed, the Canucks already had 14 players vying spots and Blais on a PTO.

Top-6: Pettersson, Miller, Boeser, DeBrusk, & Garland

Middle 6: Heinen, Blueger, Suter, Sherwood, Hoglander, & Sprong

Bottom 6: Aman, Di Giuseppe, & Blais
Was Joshua actually diagnosed and will need chemo or was it just remvoed and its recovery from surgery? If the latter than he should be back before the start of the season

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
It’s such bs that the preseason hasn’t started already. Like what is the point of starting the season so late. I always thought when I was a kid that hockey should comeback around the same time schools starts as it would help kids transition back. Honestly could not be bothered too much about the Canucks until preseason.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
It’s such bs that the preseason hasn’t started already. Like what is the point of starting the season so late. I always thought when I was a kid that hockey should comeback around the same time schools starts as it would help kids transition back. Honestly could not be bothered too much about the Canucks until preseason.

The NHL is so terrified of the NFL and MLB playoffs that they shift their entire season 2-3 weeks ahead and then are left with a Finals in late June that nobody cares about anymore anyway.

The regular season should start on October 1. It should end on April 1. Playoffs should be finished by June 1. This is what 90% of fans want, but the league shoots itself in the foot on the pretext of TV ratings but then don't get TV ratings anyway because they've wrecked the timeline and product so badly.

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
I remember Elliotte, or maybe Lebrun talking about this. Supposedly teams down south that have to compete with the NFL or MLB Playoffs want the season to start as late as possible. I've heard later than Nov 1st

I wish the NHL season would start every Oct 1st on the day, but that's just me. I think we all agree, pre season is way too long.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
I remember Elliotte, or maybe Lebrun talking about this. Supposedly teams down south that have to compete with the NFL or MLB Playoffs want the season to start as late as possible. I've heard later than Nov 1st

I wish the NHL season would start every Oct 1st on the day, but that's just me. I think we all agree, pre season is way too long.
Start October 1. Go right at the NFL. Embrace the hard.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
The NFL is 1 day/week, FFS.

If the Carolina Hurricanes have such a big problem with it, just don't schedule Sunday games and allow them to play more road games in the first half of the season.

What if the Carolina Panthers play on Monday or Thursday?*

*never mind that they are atrocious and have been for quite a few years now

• Haha
Reactions: sting101

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
I'd actually be more aggressive and try to start the regular season in the third week or so of September.

I think, at least in Canada, once labour day weekend comes and go, it feels like time for hockey. So I'd have NHL camps start after labour day, and then have the regular season start this week. The playoffs will then end sooner which I think most people want.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009

IMG_2770.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad