Confirmed Signing with Link: Canucks sign Olli Juolevi to 3-Year ELC

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
One more year then he'll make the Canucks. Smart enough to make it this year but one more year for London would be good for development.

Last edited:

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Surprising but I don't get out much

Pretty standard for CHL first round picks to sign their ELC in their first year.

From the CHL Chychrun, Juolevi, Sergachev, Nylander, Dubois, Laberge, Bean, Tkachuk, Kyrou and Gauthier have all signed their ELCs even if most of them won't see a second of NHL time this year.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
As a huge London Knights fan, Juolevi is a little overrated already.

Will carve out a long career though as a 2/3 defender.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Pretty much every GM said the same thing.

None saw any guys as being #1 D-men

same thing was said about Ekblad

Benning himself said that he thought the top 5 players of the 2016 draft were forwards (weeks before the draft), then he picked Juolevi at #5, pre draft talk is all smoke.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
no chance SHL is an option?

He's done against boys IMO.
I believe Jensen signed his ELC then left for Europe mid-way through, only to return and continue his contract. I don't know what has changed since then, but presumably he could still go to Europe.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
no chance SHL is an option?

He's done against boys IMO.

He's far from done against boys. He's a not exactly physically mature and with the absence of Marner and Dvorak, he'll be relied on more to carry plays as opposed to just passing the puck to the forwards and sitting back. And it's not like he's playing in some backwards (OHL) organization like Flint, he's in the best development system in the whole CHL. I am very confident in him developing properly in London.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad