Confirmed with Link: Canucks Sign Kirill Kudryavtsev to ELC

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Anyone know about this guy?

Personally IMO the more free FA bullets you can load and fire the better. If they suck they can make Abby better.

He was drafted by the Canucks in the 7th round in the 2022 draft. Not a free agent signing. He's only 19 years old, leads his team in points, and gets regular updates in the prospects thread.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Seems a little weird to do this one so early.

Yes, I'm curious if this means they intend to move him to the AHL. Since his team won't qualify for the OHL playoffs, he may be a candidate for signing an ATO. Not sure how this all works, though.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Anyone know about this guy?

giphy (1).gif

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
There were some good reviews after the last prospect camp, from media and a few observers here, as I recall.

He was up to about 5th in scoring for OHL d-men a while back but has been in a points slump for a few weeks and fallen back. A lot of his points have come from power-play assists. His team, the Soo Greyhounds, are near the bottom of the standings.

Shoots left, 6', 201 lbs (elite prospects)

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Canucks will sign just any prospect d-man right now.......hopefully it's not 'quantity' over 'quality'. But this kid is trending well for a 7th round draft pick.

Listed on Hockey DB as 6'0" and 200, so he's not tall but definitely not 'small'. So hard to assess players--particularly d-man--who are playing on bad teams in the OHL. The Soo Greyhounds have the second worst record in the OHL.

But if Kudryavtsev can even carve out a regular role in Abbotsford, then it's 'win' for a 7th rounder and the Canucks scouts.

Reactions: quat

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
It'll be interesting to see how they fit that name on to the back of an Abbotsford Canuck jersey......feel sorry for the 'play-by-play' guys.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
There were some good reviews after the last prospect camp, from media and a few observers here, as I recall.

He was up to about 5th in scoring for OHL d-men a while back but has been in a points slump for a few weeks and fallen back. A lot of his points have come from power-play assists. His team, the Soo Greyhounds, are near the bottom of the standings.

Shoots left, 6', 201 lbs (elite prospects)
I can add a little to this. Seen a Soo game and some other video

Really good puck mover 4 way agility has some explosiveness to his game and physicality. Kind of a jack of all trades guy. Unfortunately the Soo have been awful this year.

Glad they signed him. He was a great 7th round pick. Not sure if he goes to Abby or overages in the OHL.
Edit: He's an "04 will be back in the OHL. Even better though he was a '03.

Last edited:

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
I can add a little to this. Seen a Soo game and some other video

Really good puck mover 4 way agility has some explosiveness to his game and physicality. Kind of a jack of all trades guy. Unfortunately the Soo have been awful this year.

Glad they signed him. He was a great 7th round pick. Not sure if he goes to Abby or overages in the OHL.
As I understand it, his next year in the OHL would not be an over-age year.

Reactions: sting101

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad